• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
-Rick- said
My "build" will be a Dietrich 42% slick 540. More of a rebuild. It's kinda nice having an older plane such as this because I can look up all the faults other had with this plane and fix them as I go.

The plane will be set up strictly for IMAC. 

I won't go on here as I don't want to hijack your excellent thread!!  
Holy crap...just looked at the Dietrich Slick. What a "MASSIVE" bird. Please do a build thread on this monster. For starters, where can it be acquired?

-Rick-

100cc
Sorry, no longer sold. I got lucky, put an ad out for a "wreck" that would need work to get it flying. I was answered by a gent that wanted this plane out of his basement. Came with spare cowl, x 3 canopy's, spare wheel pants, landing gear and more. Not much wrong with it, could fly it as is but… I want to make it my own!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I like the part where you said " this plane set up strictly for IMAC "  
fist-pump-and-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif
  my favorite phrase right there !  Please ket us know when or if your posting it, if not, plesse dont hesitate to drop a pic or progress on here,  I really dont mind. And I can make sure we get a chance to drool for a deitrich !  Nice find ! 

-Rick-

100cc
So I take it this will be a good IMAC bird?

I'm just a beginner, flying basic. Was flying with 30cc size planes. I told people (and my wife) I was going to skip 50cc size planes and go to 100cc size. Now I have this, 150cc or larger!! But I hope this plane see's me improve a few levels!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
-Rick- said
So I take it this will be a good IMAC bird?

I'm just a beginner, flying basic. Was flying with 30cc size planes. I told people (and my wife) I was going to skip 50cc size planes and go to 100cc size. Now I have this, 150cc or larger!! But I hope this plane see's me improve a few levels!!
Rick;

Good IMAC bird? Yes, very much so. If you've not flown 50cc or even 100cc for that matter, it really is not going to matter much. As I found out...(because I was so INTIMIDATED) by the size, larger planes just simply fly better. Once I flew my larger planes it was like, "really"?!!! You're hooked now buddie. Once you fly this big bird, you're going to go nuts and want to start learning "EVERY" maneuver in the book. And improve you shall. Quite rapidly I am sure. 

-Rick-

100cc
And now, let's get back to Brian's build!!

Again, sorry about the hijack!

(But I will slide a "before I touch it" in later today)

-Rick-

100cc
She looks a lot more "tired" in real life! But begging to be fixed up and be recovered to fly again!

DSCF0436.JPG

DSCF0439.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
-Rick- said
She looks a lot more "tired" in real life! But begging to be fixed up and be recovered to fly again!

DSCF0436.JPG

DSCF0439.JPG
Ah heck....she don't look so tired. You should have seen my 260 when I got her. Holy crap.... tired? Umm....how about tossed around from man to man.... used and abused like an old 2 bit.... (you know)...then left alone to wither and die a painfully lonely death. The resurrection was nothing short of transforming an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan.

I am very excited to see your genius work to make yours all bright and glowing once more.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Good looking airframe Rick, be a great IMAC bird. You must have an insatiable want for perfect like the rest of us cuckoo's  cuz' she looks fine to me. I hear you on the " making it your own " though,  and I'd do the same thing. Thanks for sharing.  

and again, I dont mind sharing space with you here, but, you'll get alot of confidence and satisfaction and support if you  choose to do  do a thread on it also.  This isnt like other places with a bunch of  nit picky trolls and self proclaimed "experts" like other sites. Generally speaking, were a good but strange bunch of friends here. Excited to see what you're going to accomplish. Enjoy it and welcome to 40% insanity ! It's a beautiful addiction .