• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey everyone, sorry I have not been around much lately. We in Idaho have been experiencing a new storm system every day to day and a half. It has been utterly miserable here. I can't remember when the last time was we had such messed up weather. Work has also occupied a very large portion of my free time I normally would be utilizing to finish up the Pitts. I did however have a couple of minutes this evening to work on the canopy and hatch. I have ultimately decided to not cut back anymore of the canopy or extend the length of the hatch. I was able to get the basic shape final cut on the canopy and now really only need to sand/trim the two sides to get it to fit the hatch properly. I was able to "warp" the top rear portion of the canopy to get it to fit the aft hatch former. I am reluctant to use too much heat on it as I am sure it will melt and warp beyond recognition.

20161220_215109.jpg

I have the canopy taped down really well to help get it to conform to the hatch. In the next few days I am planning to complete the canopy. I am also planning to cross brace the inside of the hatch so that I am able to put in an instrument panel and a "G-Force pilot. I mentioned earlier that I think it would look really "hoaky" to not paint the framing across the canopy. But am now considering that it will probably look ok. Probably look more "hoaky" with it painted than with it not.

I'll try to get more posted on the progress as time allows.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I understand your predicament completely! Between Christmas, family and the Ice storm we got in Ohio I think I've worked on the my Krier all of about 2 hours in the past 2 weeks! Lol

The Pitts is looking awesome, I really like the change you made in the canopy, looks sportier :)

WMcNabb

150cc
New canopy looks good!

A couple of instrument panel ideas for you...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    645.8 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 288
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 314

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking really good Stang. I think all of us can understand the time crunch this time of year. Don't worry about the plane it is not going anywhere, enjoy the season and cherish the time with family.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I understand your predicament completely! Between Christmas, family and the Ice storm we got in Ohio I think I've worked on the my Krier all of about 2 hours in the past 2 weeks! Lol

The Pitts is looking awesome, I really like the change you made in the canopy, looks sportier :)

New canopy looks good!

A couple of instrument panel ideas for you...

Looking really good Stang. I think all of us can understand the time crunch this time of year. Don't worry about the plane it is not going anywhere, enjoy the season and cherish the time with family.
You all are so kind. Thanks for understanding. Yes, the cold weather and the season certainly does make building delayed. Thank you all for the suggestions and comments on the canopy. It really does look sportier. I can envision the instrument panel and pilot installed. I think it is going to look really good upon completion. No doubt I'm so ready to have this done. But also really anxious to see the final outcome and maiden.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I think that is wishful thinking. I think they are more concerned with commercials, seems like the home page gets new ones, and the recent post column gets refilled, everyday.