• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok everyone, I really blew it this time. I should have left well enough alone. Oh but nooooo....I just gotta go messin' wit stuff. LOL. Actually, I think it is going to come out looking pretty bad ass. I still have some sanding and some final fitting before I cut the canopy to fit the hatch. But if the finished product looks as good as what it looks like it will at this stage, I think I will be happy.

Original length Full Scale:
upload_2016-12-15_23-44-40.png

View attachment 92176

What mine would have looked like if I had left it alone...

20161204_145503.jpg

Full Scale Single Seater....
upload_2016-12-15_23-51-16.png

This is what I used for reference....

pitts.jpg

Aaaand....now what mine will look like as a single seater....

20161215_232530.jpg
20161215_232630.jpg
20161215_232850.jpg

It looks like I can still move the canopy back just a little bit more to get the right appearance. I should be able to still move the canopy back another couple of inches. The tape on the canopy is to simulate where the frame work is. In all, I will be "chopping" off about 4 more inches to get the single seat version look. Of course by the time I get a "G-Force" pilot ordered from Northwest RC, (Supatim) and then build the dash panel...I think it is going to look pretty darned cool. Who was it that suggested I make this a single seater? Hee hee.... I like.

P.S. The claw hammer under the Pitts on the cross braces of the stand: It is my gentle but constant reminder to be patient and don't let it get the best of me. LOL

Last edited:

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
I actually like it where you have it now. I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the model 12 and tend to like the 2 place version better even though my 41% was a single place. I think where you have it right now looks good, not to long or not to short. I just hate when the canopy is really short like they have done on some of the Extra 300SC versions.

I always wanted to do a variation of the Miss Maggie scheme on mine. If you have not seen it a great source for pictures of the model 12's is www.2wings.com

Kevin

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I actually like it where you have it now. I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the model 12 and tend to like the 2 place version better even though my 41% was a single place. I think where you have it right now looks good, not to long or not to short. I just hate when the canopy is really short like they have done on some of the Extra 300SC versions.

I always wanted to do a variation of the Miss Maggie scheme on mine. If you have not seen it a great source for pictures of the model 12's is www.2wings.com

Kevin
Been following that website fairly religiously. That's where the scheme was found.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
LOVE the single seat look. Yes...shorten to make it right!

Looks good but I agree with you the canopy needs to be shorter.

That is what I was thinking. Probably another 2" at the most. Unfortunately, the hatch sheeting is not going to allow for any more length. So!!! I am going to remove "all" the hatch sheeting and start over. I would rather have a long "one" piece sheet instead of the sectioned in pieces. Not a big deal, I have plenty of balsa sheets left over so I will just edge glue four of them, use the cockpit radius as a pattern and stretch it out a little more.

Probably going to work on this modification this evening. I had so spend most all the day getting my cell phone replaced. 20 years of cell phone use and never, (until today) have I ever damaged one or had a mishap. Today? Yeah...totally destroyed it. UGH!!!

Photos to come in a bit everyone.