• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Rob,

I think I have it figured out. It looks like there may be a variance in the materials that are accounting for some of the firewall thrust. I have different pieces of 1/4" birch wood here which are varying in thickness from .233 on up. So if that is the case in your firewall you may have had enough slop in there to add up thrust.

I did take your measurements and put them in autocad and it would be 4 degrees up thrust. So to correct this if you put a large fender washer (1/4" bolt size) behind the top two motor bolts that should get you pretty much back in the ballpark.

Kevin

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Rob,

I think I have it figured out. It looks like there may be a variance in the materials that are accounting for some of the firewall thrust. I have different pieces of 1/4" birch wood here which are varying in thickness from .233 on up. So if that is the case in your firewall you may have had enough slop in there to add up thrust.

I did take your measurements and put them in autocad and it would be 4 degrees up thrust. So to correct this if you put a large fender washer (1/4" bolt size) behind the top two motor bolts that should get you pretty much back in the ballpark.

Kevin
Already done. Look back at first post page 33.
20161208_185633.jpg

Rob,

Kevin

Dang variance lol!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, here goes another spooky adjustment. The hatch was fine. But nooooo, I just gotta mess it up. I'm going to cut my radius cockpit opening out and extend the hatch. Why??? Cuz I want a single seater.

2016-12-14 21.22.15.jpg

I figure if I'm going to do the scheme decided upon, might just as well make it match the full scale as closely as I can.

2016-12-14 21.21.52.jpg

With the radius cut out, I can now construct a support and re-sheet the cut out area. I'll get some more photos posted once the hatch is done.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi mister Stang. Just spoke to Discks from the paint place. Sounds like a good and very helpful person. Sent a list of all my needs and colours he will look at it and make some recommendations if need be. Then I will place my order and see how it all works out. Sure is nice to be able to buy matching paint from a rc enthusiast that knows what we need.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hi mister Stang. Just spoke to Discks from the paint place. Sounds like a good and very helpful person. Sent a list of all my needs and colours he will look at it and make some recommendations if need be. Then I will place my order and see how it all works out. Sure is nice to be able to buy matching paint from a rc enthusiast that knows what we need.
That's awesome. It is very discouraging to not be able to match paint with your covering these days. It really made me sad when ultracote would not sell or make their paint to match their colors. But I guess it is what it is right?