• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
OMG!! How sexy is that?!?! Wonder if there is a kit available for That? I seriously could see a Red Head "Dub" in something like that. Maybe a 70cc or 100cc version. Daymn!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
OMG!! How sexy is that?!?! Wonder if there is a kit available for That? I seriously could see a Red Head "Dub" in something like that. Maybe a 70cc or 100cc version. Daymn!!

That is beautiful plane and would be great subject. Will it be from a set of your own drawings, scratch from a known set of drawings or from a kit. What size will it be. Will it be above 60inch wing span.

This will be from my own plans since there aren't any kits out there that I know of. At this point I'm thinking 28% which makes the top wing span 80" and the length 65". Since this isn't going to be a true scale airplane I may shorten the span just a tad and lengthen the fuse a bit, but not enough that will take away from the look of the Culp. With my small workshop this size works the best for me, though I would love to build it bigger.

I drew my last project, "Miss Moana" on an older program called Corel Draw. This one will be on Turbo Cad so I can have it laser cut if I want, but I'll probably cut it myself. There is something therapeutic about cutting wood after a miserable day at work.

The key for me is to design it so it's light, easy to transport, and assemble, because I am extremely lazy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This will be from my own plans since there aren't any kits out there that I know of. At this point I'm thinking 28% which makes the top wing span 80" and the length 65". Since this isn't going to be a true scale airplane I may shorten the span just a tad and lengthen the fuse a bit, but not enough that will take away from the look of the Culp. With my small workshop this size works the best for me, though I would love to build it bigger.

I drew my last project, "Miss Moana" on an older program called Corel Draw. This one will be on Turbo Cad so I can have it laser cut if I want, but I'll probably cut it myself. There is something therapeutic about cutting wood after a miserable day at work.

The key for me is to design it so it's light, easy to transport, and assemble, because I am extremely lazy.

With all this bi-plane talk and building I am thinking about the Midwest Super Stinker kit I still have In a box and have never open it and a few years back bought a Fiberglas cowl for it.

Bipeguy03

150cc
On the top of the list right now is a 28% Culp Special. I have another spare DA50 so that would be the power. As I design it I will probably be picking your brain about how things were done on your Pitts.

There are several bipe fanatics here that I'll be hitting up as well.:)

This is what I want to build.

View attachment 97357

The Culp is one darn sexy airplane. Another one that is right up there is the Pitts Samson. If I ever design something of my own (not just radically changing someone else's design) it have to be it.

Pitts max samson action pitts.jpg