• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Nice job on the wingtips. Looks great.

If you guys need some sources for wood we can provide a list.

Balsa inc (where Rob has been getting it)
Sig nice sheeting, had a little issue with varying thickness but weight was good
Balsa USA. just started using them for some stuff
National Balsa nice wood but probably the highest price

We have used them all. We have to use them all because they don't all carry all the sizes we need

Al

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Originally I ordered from Balsa USA. Due to being in a hurry, my latest was from Tower. It arrived really quick. I think I like the density a little more from Tower. I don't care too much for extremely soft balsa as I feel it just is not durable enough. I think Tower's may add just a smidgen more weight. But it also allows more sandability. So really it is negligible. It really gives a nice finish which I'm most interested in for final covering results.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm probably not going to get much done on the Pitts tonight. Long day at work and completely bushed. I do have a question for @jtec/radiowave, Brett, Van or anyone that may know. I have laminated (glued) the two halves of the interplane struts together, lightly sanded and am now wondering...in my opinion, they are supposed to mount from the outside-in...Or in other words, from the tip towards the mounts closest to the fuse, Correct? Did you guys mount your bolts to hold them in place from the wingtip through the strut to the mount in the wing? Or from the mount in the wing towards the strut? Obviously the call would be for 6/32 blind nuts. Also, did you guys "round" the leading edge of the struts? And a slight rounded taper to the trialing edge? I hope I have been clear as mud about all this. LOL...

I will try to get more done tomorrow providing I don't have another 12 hour day at work. Thanks everyone for your support and watchful appreciation. Also for all the suggestions and all the help.

Hi Rob '
If you look at page one of this thread, the last picture is of mine in the bones . I mounted the strut on the inside of the bracket in the wing. I also use 8/32 bolts and nuts to mount them. Hope this helps, your looking good !!

Van

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hi Rob '
If you look at page one of this thread, the last picture is of mine in the bones . I mounted the strut on the inside of the bracket in the wing. I also use 8/32 bolts and nuts to mount them. Hope this helps, your looking good !!

Van
Ah ha!!! I do see that now. Thank you. I do like the flying wires too. You really give me things to think about. LOL Thanks Van.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I ordered a Falcon 24x10 from @SupaTim today. I now need to get a spinner ordered. I like the looks of the Tru-turn on my big Yak but really not scale for the Pitts. Any one have a suggestion on size and style?