• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

jeti DS 16 thread

thurmma

150cc
@camss69 I am waiting for my DS-14 to get here. It is a less expensive way to get into the Jeti transmitters and only pay for the modules you will actually use. I picked mine up from Helidirect.com. You can also give Espritmodel.com a call and ask any questions you have. They will gladly answer them for you.

Rusty 73

100cc
there are alot of people now who fly Jeti radios that come from Jr, Futaba and are very please with the programing ability of the Jeti .
Check out the R/C group forum that has a dedicated Jeti radio blogg , you will be amazed at how talented people are with this radio programming !!

camss69

70cc twin V2
I wish I could get my hands on one to see how it feels in the hands. Looks to be really high quality, I'm a little disappointed in the quality of my XG11. Do they have any power safe (dual battery input) style receivers? Looked like everything is single battery input. I was going to ask if it had a built in sequencer but after I started looking through the manual the answer would be "how many do you want?".. Lol... Damn, I shouldn't be looking at new radio equipment..

thurmma

150cc
If you use the Central Box 200 you have dual battery inputs along with servo isolation so a bad servo doesn't take out everything it just gets shutdown.

Rusty 73

100cc
I never held one until mine DS-16 was delivered , there is many ways to configuire your Aircraft for what your need. .
Once you feel the transmitter and feel the quality of the whole unit you'll know you have superb radio that will last for years . Sure it cost more but it's well worth the investment , we are flying thousands of dollars in each Aircraft so I believe its worth it.

Im starting to use the central box 200 in my 120 cc Extra along with engine temp sensor , you can see how many mha are used between each flight pack , plus engine temp and various other telemetery such as receiver signal strength and the list goes on and on. :big_yes:

I wish I could get my hands on one to see how it feels in the hands. Looks to be really high quality, I'm a little disappointed in the quality of my XG11. Do they have any power safe (dual battery input) style receivers? Looked like everything is single battery input. I was going to ask if it had a built in sequencer but after I started looking through the manual the answer would be "how many do you want?".. Lol... Damn, I shouldn't be looking at new radio equipment..

Basically, the Central Box 200 is a Power Safe receiver plus LOTS more. Dual battery inputs with internal battery share, included magnetic switch or optionally turn it on/off directly from the transmitter if you wish. Dual battery inputs with full telemetry built in for not only for receiver voltage, antenna signal strength and signal quality for each receiver but also battery voltage, current and capacity used for each battery input. It has up to 15 servo outputs with isolation / current limiting capabilities.

Wayne

Are the channels assignable like the Hitec Aurora 9?
Not sure how they are assignable in the Hitec but in the Jeti you can assign any function to any transmitter channel. If once you
install your receiver, if you find a different channel assignment makes the wiring nicer, you can also remap them in the receiver without needing to
change the channels in the transmitter, and the associated sub-trims, end points etc.

Wayne