• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

jeti DS 16 thread

thurmma

150cc
I programmed the tach unit but, still no rpm reading. I checked the voltages with the ignition on and I have 5 vdc on both the red and white leads from the ignition. I will stop by radio shack and pick up a 4.7k resistor and try the da setup but, I am not real hopeful that it will work because the tach output drives the digital tach that I am using just fine. The same tach works on my dle so I would think the dle setup would work. Back to the drawing board. It would sure be nice to know what the module was looking for.

thurmma

150cc
@wfield0455 is the gp ignition an older one? I have one of the newest ones designed for the 176EVO. According to Ken Crane, these were made differently than earlier ignitions so, that may be the issue. The Jeti module may just be that sensitive. I guess I could hook it up to the Edge with the dle in it and see if it works there. If it does, then we know it has something to do with the ignition on the 176. I may do that tomorrow night.

@wfield0455 is the gp ignition an older one? I have one of the newest ones designed for the 176EVO. According to Ken Crane, these were made differently than earlier ignitions so, that may be the issue. The Jeti module may just be that sensitive. I guess I could hook it up to the Edge with the dle in it and see if it works there. If it does, then we know it has something to do with the ignition on the 176. I may do that tomorrow night.

Yes, mine is one of the older GP ignitions. Ken Crane has in the past posted saying that you should not connect ANY device to the tachometer output as they having issues when certain tachometers were connected. Not sure if this is still the case or not. I know Ken well so I'll give him a call and ask..

As I believe I've already mentioned elsewhere, I have an MRPM-AC connected to a DLE-120 and it works perfectly so if it doesn't work when connected to your DLE then you have some other issue going on. If it does work there then there is some difference with the new GP ignition output that we will need to understand / deal with.

Wayne

Last edited:

thurmma

150cc
Wayne,

The issue with hooking the tachs up was due to people using life batteries to power the ignitions. The ignition needs a solid 6.6 volt input in order to use the tach port reliably. I am running 2s lipo and have never had an issue :)

thurmma

150cc
So I went home for lunch and pulled the Edge out of the trailer with a dle170 on it and a Jeti EX R9 rx. I plugged the mrpm-ac into the EXT port, which is different from the CB200, where it is plugged into Pin14/Ext3, and it worked like a champ. So, tonight I am going to try it in the EXT1 port on the CB200 to see if that resolves the issue.

I am also going to move my temp sensor from Pin15/Ext2 to Pin14/Ext3 and see is it still reads the data.

So I went home for lunch and pulled the Edge out of the trailer with a dle170 on it and a Jeti EX R9 rx. I plugged the mrpm-ac into the EXT port, which is different from the CB200, where it is plugged into Pin14/Ext3, and it worked like a champ. So, tonight I am going to try it in the EXT1 port on the CB200 to see if that resolves the issue.

I am also going to move my temp sensor from Pin15/Ext2 to Pin14/Ext3 and see is it still reads the data.

If you start changing telemetry connections for devices that have already been discovered will most likely need to go into Sensor/Logging Setup menu and press Auto to get rid of all your sensors and let them be rediscovered at their new location. If you had moved the MRPM-AC since it was first discovered and selected in the Display Telemetry menu, this will create multiple copies and if you don't select the correct one, it won't work correctly. For example, you connect the MRPM-AC to EXT power up the receiver and use the Jetibox App to set the number of poles. You also go into Display telemetry and tell it to show RPM on the front panel. You then decide to connect the MRPM-AC to EXT2 in order to get cleaner wiring. If you do something like this you will end up with 2 versions of RPM available for display but only the newest one will work. Pressing Auto clears all sensors and rediscovers them and at least in some cases I've needed to go back to Display Telemetry and re-select them in order to get them working again..

Wayne

thurmma

150cc
Wayne,

Thanks for the input. I did exactly what you explained last night and still no luck. I am going to compare the output of the GP and DLE tach ports, voltage wise, and see what the difference is. I have some 4.7k resistors and may try to configure the setup like the DA configuration and see what happens.

On my DS 16, displayed telemetry, I have a 4 cylinder motor, with a temp sensor on each cylinder. The displayed telemetry shows the 4 different temps. Question?? On the screen, can I change the temp1, temp2, etc...
to show : "right front", "left front", "right rear", and "left rear"??