• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

jeti DS 16 thread

Skyluc

50cc
here it is:brian-banana:

DS16redim.jpg

and here is my new start sound
http://www.moviesoundclips.net/embed.php?id=349bbc38acc6db86f3e6050bc46c4ac5
I think it will be very useful:lol2:

Last edited:
I have been practicing the intermediate sequence, and
I am having a problem:
I am doing 3 snaps in the intermediate sequence.
I have three rate modes:
1. low rate = I fly all my sequence on low rate, also, take off and land on low rates.
2. high rate = only use this for a hammerhead, this has increased rudder relative to low rate
3. roller rate = only use this for a roller, this has much less aileron compared to low rate.

the low rate has enough to do the negative snaps.

The three snaps in the intermediate sequence :
1. first one, is a vertical down line, a Positive snap, it does not auto-rotate with my current settings (throw rates)

2. 2nd one, is entering inverted in a down line at 45 degrees, and it does a perfect negative snap, looks awesome

3. the third snap, is from an inverted position, going up on a 45 degree line, and this negative snap looks awesome, there is auto-rotation present.

to further explain,

for me to do a negative snap, I will push the elevator and full aileron with opposite rudder.

for me to do a positive snap, I will pull the elevator, and then full aileron with same direction full rudder.

Solution for my problem:
1. I set up two flight modes on my Tx:
A. Positive snap to right
B. Positive snap to left
2. I set up two logical switches on my Tx:
A. If the elevator stick is buried all the way down (pull) and all the way to the right aileron, and, if the throttle stick is moved all the way to the right at the same time, it activates a flight mode (flight mode positive snap to the right).
B. If the elevator stick is buried all the way down (pull) and all the way to the left aileron, and, if the throttle stick is moved all the way to the left at the same time, it activates a flight mode (flight mode positive snap to the left).
Ok, so now, I go to my triple rates screen, and when I activate positive snap to the right, i adjust the throw of the three surfaces, so there is 10% more than the low rate mode.
I do the same to positive snap to the left.
Now, to test it.
What do you think?
Will this work, and do you believe it can conflict with anything.

Only issue, I have discovered, If I move the 3 position switch, from low rate to roller or high rate, it will still increase the aileron rate, only with left snap. And I do not want it to do that, I do not know how to fix that?

thurmma

150cc
Not familar with conditional mixing but, it sounds like you may have forgot some logic to tell the tx to only turn on the flight mode if the 3 position switch is in the low rate position.

Just my thoughts from a programming perspective :)

Hi All, looking for some inspiration about how to achieve something with my DS-16. I want to have a "snap" flight mode that is activated by a logical switch. It should come on when both elevator and rudder sticks are pushed beyond 90%. This is easy enough - just use an AND condition.

However, I want the snap condition to stay active until BOTH rudder and elevator are returned to below 90%. This is where it is all breaking as the AND condition disables the condition as soon as either control returns below 90%.

So really, I want an AND to enter the condition, but then it to decide when to exit the condition with an OR. Maybe could use the spare trims TR5, TR6 or a MULTI but I cannot get my brain around how to get it doing what I want.

Any ideas?

camss69

70cc twin V2
Jeti has had me looking lately... I've flown JR for the last 15+ years and I made the jump with them to DMSS. I'm just having an issue with the extremely limited programming in every transmitter but the 28x. (Which I'm not buying) I need to sit down with the Jeti manual and see what it can do.