• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

jeti DS 16 thread

Just did some upgrades for my Jeti radio, i increased the battery capacity from 3200 to 5200 and i also installed the higher tension springs for
the sticks.

IMG_7146.JPG
IMG_7147.JPG
IMG_7148.JPG

This morning, I also changed out one of the switches. It is a two position switch, which I will use for the ignition, in which I have to slightly pull on it to flip it. Called a lock switch. During flight, if it gets touched, it will not flip. If interested, I can post a picture of it

Cam,

I have the high tension springs but after increasing the stock spring tension, I haven't bothered to install them yet. Did you ever try increasing teh stock spring tension and now that you've installed the higher tension springs, can you feel a big difference between the two? I've been meaning to try them but increasing the stock spring tension helped a lot and I wasn't sure if there would be enough improvement to make it worth the effort to swap the springs.

Cam,

I have the high tension springs but after increasing the stock spring tension, I haven't bothered to install them yet. Did you ever try increasing teh stock spring tension and now that you've installed the higher tension springs, can you feel a big difference between the two? I've been meaning to try them but increasing the stock spring tension helped a lot and I wasn't sure if there would be enough improvement to make it worth the effort to swap the springs.
Yes indeed

I first increased the tension on the stock springs, and centering was improved

When I installed the high tension springs, it was way better. I really like it more now!!

I have a trailer set up with a solar panel and deep cycle marine 12 volt battery. Whenever I travel to contests, If the location does not have electricity hook ups, I am able to charge my batteries for lipo, etc, from my trailer.
Question?? My Jeti DS 16 transmitter comes with a charger for the Tx that is 110 V. There is also a USB cable.
Question, here it is: Can the USB cable charge my battery, and can I install a USB jack in my trailer to charge from 12 V, or, does it need to be regulated down? Likewise, can i charge my Transmitter from my car, using the cigarette lighter and my cell phone USB plug?

Just trying to get an idea on how to do this, if there is no 110 V where I am at.

One last thing, this is a disclaimer: I have never done this, this is why I am asking,. I dare not even try til I find out!!

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
I have a trailer set up with a solar panel and deep cycle marine 12 volt battery. Whenever I travel to contests, If the location does not have electricity hook ups, I am able to charge my batteries for lipo, etc, from my trailer.
Question?? My Jeti DS 16 transmitter comes with a charger for the Tx that is 110 V. There is also a USB cable.
Question, here it is: Can the USB cable charge my battery, and can I install a USB jack in my trailer to charge from 12 V, or, does it need to be regulated down? Likewise, can i charge my Transmitter from my car, using the cigarette lighter and my cell phone USB plug?

Just trying to get an idea on how to do this, if there is no 110 V where I am at.

One last thing, this is a disclaimer: I have never done this, this is why I am asking,. I dare not even try til I find out!!
Yes the USB can charge your transmitter battery. I've done that several times when simply attached to my computer for data transfers and just left it plugged in to finish charging. :) As I understand it, the transmitter charging circuit has its own built in voltage refulator.