Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Indoor Monocoupe anyone?

Discussion in 'Electric Motors, ESC's, Batteries, and Chargers' started by Bipeguy03, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Made the motor mount out of 1/8th lite ply which gave me perfect back spacing for the prop.

37.jpg

Should have plenty of cooling air, as the hole for the battery access in the belly will double as the cooling air exit.

38.jpg

Fuse with the motor is 34 grams, I might just make my 95 gram target :D

39.jpg

WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. Starting to look like a Monocoupe!

40.jpg

js-rc, Jetpainter, kork and 3 others like this.
  3. [​IMG]

dhal22 and Bipeguy03 like this.
  4. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Excellent job!!

Can't wait to see the cover and paint, even though it's a shame to hide this fine craftsmanship.

Bipeguy03 and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Yea some clear covering might be in order.:D

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Bipeguy03 and WMcNabb like this.
  6. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Very cool looking.

Bipeguy03 likes this.
  7. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

That has really turned out nice.

8. Servos going in, I shortened the servo pigtails and didn't put the plugs back on just used a few short pieces of heat shrink which only saved about a gram but hey it all adds up.

41.jpg 42.jpg 43.jpg

pawnshopmike likes this.
  9. Receiver and ESC in showing the removed plugs and the shortened pig tails, not in the final location yet just getting an idea.

47.jpg

With the receiver, ESC, motor, servos and battery I'm at 70 grams.

45.jpg

pawnshopmike likes this.
  10. That moment you realize your transmitter is almost as big as the plane you're building! :D

46.jpg