• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Indoor Monocoupe anyone?

Bipeguy03

150cc
Started the horizontal stab and the elevators before I burned out for the evening.

20.jpg

BalsaDust

Have you looked into Doculam. Its a clear laminating film that is pretty dam light and goes on like regular covering. It is paintable. I could send you some if you would like.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Colored tissue I assume. Great to see an old school project ongoing. Thanks.

Yep, pre died. Got it from Sig as well.

Have you looked into Doculam. Its a clear laminating film that is pretty dam light and goes on like regular covering. It is paintable. I could send you some if you would like.

I think I saw something like that on one of the other threads. I'm using the tissue on the Monocoupe though, kinda sticking with the old school theme. ;)

Bipeguy03

150cc
So on to the wings!

Leading and trailing edges, tip parts and rear spar are pinned down and glued in first. Then on to the ribs, all THIRTY-TWO of them lol. Most of the ribs are 1/32" thick and laser cut (I know, Sig and laser cut don't seem to go together!) The root ribs and the ribs where the struts connect are 3/32" and are die-crunched, but Sig must have found a way to sharpen their dies because all the die-cut parts have been great.

Finished installing one panel of ribs before I burnt out for the night.

29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg