• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC practice tips for new pilots.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Hey Lojik, If you want to come up to Wagga in mid August you would be more than welcome. It's a pretty relaxed comp and you will get to meet some other people that Ararat is too far away from. Unfortunately I can't make it to Ararat again this year because of work commitments. All the guys I have met through IMAC are top blokes, you will have a ball.

Awesome, another Aussie, I thought I was all alone here haha, I started an oceanic thread but had no replies haha

My old mans 60th is on the 8th and I am overseas from 10th to the 20th to celebrate otherwise I'd look at coming up, its a fair trek for me about 5hrs door to door but would like to go there at some point.

Jack

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Jordan, have you ever competed in VIC mate? Can't seem to find any history of your wins in the little state?

Jack, yes most of us are good blokes, except for the guys from Wagga!!

jordyk81

New to GSN!
Jordan, have you ever competed in VIC mate? Can't seem to find any history of your wins in the little state?

Jack, yes most of us are good blokes, except for the guys from Wagga!!
You guys need to stop cancelling the comps and having them on weekends I have to go away for work. Hmm 4 night cruise, all expenses paid or 2 nights with a bunch of blokes in a paddock?? Sorry mate don't like you that much

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Yer I'd be going on a cruise too if i had the choice, if Wagga is yearly around Aug I will plan to come out next year :)

thurmma

150cc
My first round at my first contest I couldn't stop shaking the whole round! By the time the third round came I was just fine. It is a blast! Make sure you sit and do some scribing. It will keep you involved and also give you insight as to what the judges are looking for ;)

djmoose

70cc twin V2
The shakes are normal at your first contest!!! and...even after you're used to everything...if you mess up one maneuver...it's not uncommon to re-acquire those shakes for the rest of that round.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
My first round at my first contest I couldn't stop shaking the whole round! By the time the third round came I was just fine. It is a blast! Make sure you sit and do some scribing. It will keep you involved and also give you insight as to what the judges are looking for ;)
Use a tray it helps a lot

HornetNZ

50cc
And if you screw something up, its easy to get disoriented. Always remember to save the plane over trying to get a maneuver correct/completed! :)