• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC practice tips for new pilots.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Did a few practice runs yesterday. Need to go over the trim guide and redo my cg to help reduce my workload. Once that's done i need to work on my up down and 45 lines. Local guy said my rolls are good but with the cg change i will need to readjust how i react to them. This is great i have goals now to work towards in my hobby. I was stale for a long while just randomly flying now i feel i have a purpose

Last edited:

djmoose

70cc twin V2
From judging school...a BIG thing they mentioned is centering maneuvers on lines. Anyone who went to the NC judging school understands how much they're pushing that deduction. It's an easy thing to forget about.

Something I'm working on myself is establishing a TRUE 45 downline...I tend to come out at like 30-35.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
IMG_20311796797788.jpeg
No trophy. .. but no one really lost this weekend. Every pilot, every " keeper " round pit up scores in the 900's and made for one of the best competitive weekends ever spent in my time with IMAC. How does one feel " bad " about placing last with a score card like this... you dont.

Last edited:

IMAC FANATIC

Did a few practice runs yesturday. Need to go over thr trim guide and redo my cg to help reduce my workload. Once thats done i need to work on my up down and 45 lines. Local guy said my rolls are good but with the cg change i will need to readjust how i react to them. This is great i have goals now to work towards in my hobby. I was stale for a long while just randomly flying now i feel i have a purpose
Exactly the right mind set to take and keep right there! Nothing like flying with a purpose and with a goal in mind.

HornetNZ

50cc
Got 2nd this weekend. Should've been third, but Jeff who was in 1st got messed up in unknown due to a bad call from his caller. =/ 1st-4th was very close in points all weekend.

Attachments

• 2015-06-07 13.22.02.jpg
    2015-06-07 13.22.02.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 2015-06-07 13.34.55.jpg
    2015-06-07 13.34.55.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 250

IMAC FANATIC

Got 2nd this weekend. Should've been third, but Jeff who was in 1st got messed up in unknown due to a bad call from his caller. =/ 1st-4th was very close in points all weekend.
Nice work ! Post that in the " trophy showcase" in thr IMAC forum also.

Stuff happens, I screwed the unknown last weekend changing rates instead of expo right before the round, stupid mistake, save changing ANYTHING about your set up in practice and not at competition.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
DJMoose, will we see you at any IMAC events up North East this year? It was cool flying with you at Black Dirt last year!
Thanks man!! I'm going to see...I'm planning on 5 contests this year and if I have any free time I might head over to the State College contest if that pans out.

We have a contest the week before State College. That sounds like a cool one because it's at or near a scale airport AND I think they have a big fair going on nearby to the contest. Maybe we can change plans to make that one.