• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Files didn't come through? Can you link them or the source please. Thanks
Strange, tapatalk thing again. I got them on the laptop. Nice review.

Was everyone able to get these? I couldn't find where I go them. Off of another site but I just scanned them at work since they are in my work bench.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm going to post up a video of me flying basic in realflight in the next couple of days. I have never done it before so I doubt it will get very high marks ;)

We were voting this weekend on if we are going to change IMAC score-keeping for the regional points/standings that are used at the end of a season. At this point it looks like it will stay the same as it is now but that Nats can count as "in-region" points for anyone and everyone that comes...

dth7

We were voting this weekend on if we are going to change IMAC score-keeping for the regional points/standings that are used at the end of a season. At this point it looks like it will stay the same as it is now but that Nats can count as "in-region" points for anyone and everyone that comes...

Sounds reasonable that national or now world competition should also go to tally regional points since to get to those events you have earned the points. After the national team is selected the regionals have been beat anyway. Do I have that right?

dougb

50cc
Super thread, thank you. I'm an IMAC newbie so I'll be following along with great interest plus there will be many questions I'm sure. LOL

Doug B.

3dNater

I recorded a video for basic. It is actually really hard to keep straight lines on realflight. Ill post it for judging when it is done cooking. I wasn't really sure how to pull off the last move.

dth7

I recorded a video for basic. It is actually really hard to keep straight lines on realflight. Ill post it for judging when it is done cooking. I wasn't really sure how to pull off the last move.

The sim is tricky for practice. If you set ground in view at all times the plane is hard to see and if you zoom in its easy to lose orientation with your flight line. It's best to just run through the sequence and get a rhythm."Sod Farm" seems to be one of the best flying fields for it.
Nothing beats the real thing. Even a foamie can help develop a feel for the maneuvers and flying a sequence.
Last maneuver on 2014 basic is a 1 1/2 turn spin after the Immelmann- 1/2 loop followed by half roll to upright. Next slow (should be headed into the wind) for a clean level stall, then spin 1 1/2 rotations to vertical down line and pull to horizontal... "Out of the box".

Last edited by a moderator:
To Darren: Since worlds are only going to be happening once every 4 years, they will not go towards RPS. The Nats will count. While we keep the best 5 scores for the season towards the RPS, as part of those 5 scores, we allow up to two of your final scores to be from outside of the region. This accommodates folks that live on regional dividing lines where they can hit contests outside of their region more easily than some in their region.

On the sim, it isn't very realistic for IMAC especially however, if using real flight, make sure you are set on advanced and highly recommend that you add at least 15mph of wind in some direction or another...