• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Patto

70cc twin V2
Some pics of the fuselage build so far... (from yesterday) IMG_20150620_123148144.jpgIMG_20150620_204033323_HDR.jpgIMG_20150620_204050598.jpg

Patto

70cc twin V2
Today's progress included getting some of the stringers re-located to the correct places so the windows will turn out right. I also installed the landing gear block and the home-made ply support pieces. I will also be putting some carbon fiber cloth in that area. Here's what it looked like at the end of today...IMG_20150621_212528198_HDR.jpg

Hi Looks like you are getting it built fast. It is looking good so far. Your shop is well organized and is clean compared to mine. I am going to clean my shop and put things away. Keep up the good work.

Patto

70cc twin V2
Hi Looks like you are getting it built fast. It is looking good so far. Your shop is well organized and is clean compared to mine. I am going to clean my shop and put things away. Keep up the good work.

Haha! Notice you can't see much of the shop in my pictures? Camera trickery!!

Thank you for your kind words. Hoping to get more done tonight.

Patto

70cc twin V2
Rear firewall is attached, fuselage stringers are finished on both sides, wing mount blocks installed, and landing gear holes drilled. Hoping to make more progress tonight.*

My list of missing pieces of wood is nearby at all times. Keep having to add to it.
uploadfromtaptalk1435325294708.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435325332865.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435325387577.jpg

Patto

70cc twin V2
Progress has been slow. I've been working, spending time with family, and doing a little bit of flying.

Currently, I'm finishing up shaping and sheeting the bottom of the fuselage between the rear firewall and the LG plate. It's been a bit of a PITA to get it right, but I think I'm just about there.

ALSO, I ordered the engines!!! TWO EME 55's with electric start coming my way!

Patto

70cc twin V2
I have decided that I love building. Never thought I would say that. I've been an ARF guy for about 30 years!

I'd post the pictures, but it's hit and miss trying it with my phone. But here's what's new:

Engines arrived: two EME 55's with electric start!

Half the fuse is sheeted and holes have been rough-cut for windows. Carbon fiber cloth on LG and F/W joints.

I decided to set the fuselage aside for now since some assembly steps cannot be completed until I have other tasks done. So, I have moved on to the tail booms and fins.

Again, wood missing from kit: 1/4 X 3/8" basswood. Not enough supplied for how much is required for the fuse, fins, stabs and then the wings. I'll be about three short I believe.

I'd send National Balsa another email, but I've concluded they just don't care.uploadfromtaptalk1436721483620.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436721534934.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436721562349.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436721594444.jpguploadfromtaptalk1436721640158.jpg

ehiggins435

New to GSN!
Hey Patto! I have been flying my dad's O-2 for many years, in fact, the first time I flew in an airplane was in that one (N86435). 2 days ago, my dad sold this airplane so that we could pay for the 172 my dad purchased for my to learn to fly in, just 1 day before.
Now this brings me to the reason why I'm here. My goal is to start a multi-year project which is to build a Hostettler Skymaster, but to make it as scale as possible. This means that I will eventually have twin cylinder engines, working gear, brakes, flaps, gear doors, cowl flaps, and all the scale details of my favorite plane, using pictures I took of the exterior, and interior.
Now what I ask of you is, can you please post details of the build, (as you already are) and would you allow me to post info on my build as well so that we can help each other with the build (I know the airplane, you know how to build), thank you so much, I cant wait to see more of this amazing build!