• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hitec Aurora 9X Just reveled at the Nuremberg Toy Fair

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Been thinking about moving to hitec for tx/rx so a good deal on that would be awesome. Need some hs-65mgs or equivalent for 48epp extra build. Not sure what else. Maybe a garage sale at 3dhs ;-)

Figured there were lots of subd messages and not much else.

Moose - thanks for the hh code!

im going to be upgrading to the aurora 9X as soon as i have the funds and the radio is available. i really enjoy my xps setup, but i really love hitecs support and product availability. as long as they havnt changed the programming too much on the 9X, its gonna be a winner. the A9 is the easiest to program radio i have ever seen

gyro

GSN Contributor
Be cool if Hitec offered a rebate for 3DRCF members to use on the A-9x... Meh... Wishful thinking :)

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
just thought i would update this thread. ill update the first post, but I just saw pricing on tower:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=aurora+9x

9X TX only: $429.99
9X w/Maxima 6: $459.99
9X w/Maxima 9: $479.97
9X w/Optima 7: $489.99
9X w/Optima 9: $509.99

FYI Difference between the RX's, maximas are less latency (7ms) with no telemetry option. Optimas are half the latency of what they were on the Aurora 9 (i believe it was ~50ms, so probably in the 23-30ms range) but with full telemetry. gotta love that hitec is expanding the rx lineup, including the 10g 6ch rx's that they now offer! Im definitely going to upgrade my 9 to the 9x as soon as I have the funds. its worth waiting on my next plane :D

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Thanks for the update!

Add the $50 coupons that Tower regularly sends out and that is one really great deal! Can't wait to pick one up for myself, says mid june :)

hone

150cc
I wonder if this is actually going to get released this month. It still says late June on Tower but since it's already the 27th i'm assuming it won't make it. I'm really excited to try the A9X!