• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hitec Aurora 9X Just reveled at the Nuremberg Toy Fair

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Looks like all of the issues any has ever complained about have been address. Looks like less latency, better resolution, comes with a stylus for programming, more fine trim steps, and some other nice features! may have to upgrade my a9 at some point

UPDATE:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=aurora+9x

9X TX only: $429.99
9X w/Maxima 6: $459.99
9X w/Maxima 9: $479.97
9X w/Optima 7: $489.99
9X w/Optima 9: $509.99

FYI Difference between the RX's, maximas are less latency (7ms) with no telemetry option. Optimas are half the latency of what they were on the Aurora 9 (i believe it was ~50ms, so probably in the 23-30ms range)

Aurora 9X_1.jpg

Aurora 9X_2.jpg

Aurora 9X_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick dazzler

70cc twin V2
I am interested.. I will buy one of these to replace my old a9.. I wish we had an aurora12-14,or 18 though with a power safe RX.. That will let me bypass the power expanders in my big stuff.:)

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yeah i know what you mean, but this is a great first step. TBH as just an aerobatic pilot, 9 channels is all i need. still surprised it isnt 12 channels

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
with hitec its usually pretty reasonable. i would guess it would replace the current a9, so maybe the same price? i dunno

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hitec does have a vendor forum here, and are a big supporter of our site :)
Maybe ask the pricing question in their vendor forum?

djmoose

70cc twin V2
As much as I love my a9...and the a9x looks amazing...I think the XPS radio (which is due out this year sometime) is what I'll be getting.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
im a big fan of xps products, but its frustrating how the cycle goes of ideas that are supposed to come to market but dont for whatever reason, or taking years to come out. that xps radio was supposed to come out over a year ago