• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

Yowzilla

50cc
In my opinion ...just the throttle. With the Choke arm short it allows for a nice short throw for push pull setup...A little extra force...but better at hiding the setup.

Regardless of arm length if the servo is not locked down it is likely to dead stick in back to back flights....Don't ask....But do check your servo screws after 5 gallons...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nalby

50cc
Hey guys I am going to put the 61 in my 87 extra and was wondering which exhaust would be the best. I have a ProFlow Front Exhaust Canister and pipe already but was thinking of either the limitless pitts or the jtec large pitts on a falcon 24x9.
any thoughts would be great.

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
I ran the GP pitts muffler on my 91"Yak and it was awesome. Sounded like a tuned pipe and still turned serious rpm's with no weird throttle curve necessary. I was also running the Falcon 24x9 cf and turning an honest 68-6900 rpm on the ground by the 3rd (final) flight before my midair...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey guys I am going to put the 61 in my 87 extra and was wondering which exhaust would be the best. I have a ProFlow Front Exhaust Canister and pipe already but was thinking of either the limitless pitts or the jtec large pitts on a falcon 24x9.
any thoughts would be great.

Nalby, I'm not sure the 24x9 will be enough prop if you put the GP61 on the pro flow can, as I understand it adds a little power.

The limitless Pitts looks awesome and would be beautiful on the 87 cowl!
I ran a EME60 on my 87 with a 23x10 and that was fast, can't wait to hear about the GP on there.

Nalby

50cc
I have the eme60 with the proflow on the extra w/ 24x9 now it has great power and pull out. But I wanted to try the gp to see if I could get a little more. The proflow is great but when the plane turns away from me I can't hear the exhaust and I find myself bumping the throttle to see if it dead sticked. I think i'm gonna go with the gp and gp pitts on the extra and put the eme and proflow on my hemple yak ( I fly that more imac than 3D ) Thanks guys i'll let you know how it works out.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have the eme60 with the proflow on the extra w/ 24x9 now it has great power and pull out. But I wanted to try the gp to see if I could get a little more. The proflow is great but when the plane turns away from me I can't hear the exhaust and I find myself bumping the throttle to see if it dead sticked. I think i'm gonna go with the gp and gp pitts on the extra and put the eme and proflow on my hemple yak ( I fly that more imac than 3D ) Thanks guys i'll let you know how it works out.

Cool! Not sure if it's still going, but I think [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION] had a deal on the Pitts muff

Yowzilla

50cc
I was amazed how the GP61 performed yesterday. Below is the movie of the first start of the day with a 1 flop start!!! I simply rocked the prop 5 times to prime because I had not flown in a week.
Falcon 24x9, 90 degree ambient, 6600 on ground and 8020 in air after 5 gallons.

Thanks to Gary and Kole for the kick in the right direction.

[video=youtube;Qvc5ClJNtqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvc5ClJNtqU[/video]

GP61 May3 2014.png

gyro

GSN Contributor
I was amazed how the GP61 performed yesterday. Below is the movie of the first start of the day with a 1 flop start!!! I simply rocked the prop 5 times to prime because I had not flown in a week.
Falcon 24x9, 90 degree ambient, 6600 on ground and 8020 in air after 5 gallons.

Thanks to Gary and Kole for the kick in the right direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvc5ClJNtqU
View attachment 23036

Awesome! Bet the guys at field want one now :)