• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

100% sure you have a fully closed choke? I see some crunched wood on your linkage. I had a time with starting until I discovered that my fire wall was ever so slightly keeping the coke plate open. The way I found out was pushing the choke plate by hand and it was springing back open a few degrees. After I cut relief in my fire wall it pulls fuel well.

Now I prime with 7 pumps of the prop with choke on and throttle full open. Bring throttle down to 15% and on first or second flip it will pop. Close choke and flip. It starts on the second or third flip every time. Well the last 8 times.

Yeah the crunched wood look is from where I cut the light ply and then broke it to finsh it is all its not binding and it is fully closed when choke is closed

Yowzilla

50cc
My recent lesson is to open up the cowl to let plenty of air get to the fins and not just the ones at the head but every single one. In my case I can assume the exits were not as big as they should have been.

Do you have telemetry to get temps?

My recent lesson comes to mind when you say cowl on vs. cowl off. Air cooled engines need air....

mine vents through the Canister tunnel, I have three to one on the Exit same set up I had on my dle 55 that was on this plane, but the on cowl vs of cowl problem was solved, now with the needles back at factory settings, it will not lean out and stays rich. I have a new carb on the way tomorrow from Kole,,,, A+ on Gp customer service

SnowDog

mine vents through the Canister tunnel, I have three to one on the Exit same set up I had on my dle 55 that was on this plane, but the on cowl vs of cowl problem was solved, now with the needles back at factory settings, it will not lean out and stays rich. I have a new carb on the way tomorrow from Kole,,,, A+ on Gp customer service

any update on the new carb yet?

also, what is the general consensus for this engine: 24x9 or 24x10? (for 3D flying)

gyro

GSN Contributor
any update on the new carb yet?

also, what is the general consensus for this engine: 24x9 or 24x10? (for 3D flying)

Mike, I've got a 24x9 Xion CF prop I can send you to try. It needs a little love on the balancer, but it's a nice prop. :)

SnowDog

Thanks Gary but I just ordered a Xion 24x9 from RedWingRC!
Believe it or not this will be my first CF prop. :O
I used my points from buying the Extra to reduce the price significantly!
Yay for RedWingRC and their points program!
:)

Well got my new carb on and got it started took a while to get fuel but once it got it started will know more tomorrow night at texarkanna