• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 61 -Discussion thread

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Wow! Did the e-clip break or actually come out of the groove it sits in?

Not that you should have to but I'm sure there is an internal retaining ring that is a drop-in replacement for the e-clips.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wow! Did the e-clip break or actually come out of the groove it sits in?

Not that you should have to but I'm sure there is an internal retaining ring that is a drop-in replacement for the e-clips.

The e portion of the clip broke off, both times.

This engine is about 15 months old, and I determined it was the same GP61 that was repaired after this happened the first time. It was NOT my second GP61 purchased this past summer.

I'll post pics of the new style clip when it arrives with the new piston and cylinder

gyro

GSN Contributor
The e portion of the clip broke off, both times.

This engine is about 15 months old, and I determined it was the same GP61 that was repaired after this happened the first time. It was NOT my second GP61 purchased this past summer.

I'll post pics of the new style clip when it arrives with the new piston and cylinder
Forgot to post this last week:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418858464.449395.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418858476.188368.jpg

New clips installed and running great.

Anyone out there with a 24x9 falcon CF interested trading for a 24x10 falcon CF let me know.... I want to go down in pitch a pinch.

emtp275

100cc
Seems that this engine has great power and I was looking to put one in a 30% pilot Extra but looking around Limitless is no longer a distributor 3DRC has none in stock and the only place is can find it is the plane bender website, Were there issues with this engine? Should I find another option?

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Seems that this engine has great power and I was looking to put one in a 30% pilot Extra but looking around Limitless is no longer a distributor 3DRC has none in stock and the only place is can find it is the plane bender website, Were there issues with this engine? Should I find another option?
No issues at all. Awesome engine.