• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 61 -Discussion thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry here is a mounting template for the 61
It might help you out

Thanks man, that will save some time for sure. I'm actually kinda anxious to try out the non-crushing plywood mount idea that I have brewing. I'm going to make one for a DA100 / DLE111 to test out for myself as well.

Thanks man, that will save some time for sure. I'm actually kinda anxious to try out the non-crushing plywood mount idea that I have brewing. I'm going to make one for a DA100 / DLE111 to test out for myself as well.
No problem, I think they will work great much better than regular stand-offs

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
By chance,would you have the template?
Sorry I'm afraid I don't. The best I can offer you is a picture I took during the process. I also rotated the carb 180 degrees on mine to make it line up with my throttle servo.
20140626_204139_resized.jpg

Bemeson

50cc
Terry it's coming to you and Joe said he posted a PDF schematic as well.

I will be out of touch for a bit as I am up in the mountains with my daughter on spring break

Brian

mmlong

30cc
PSP mfg. sells arms for the GP 61. You grind off where the shafts are peened over and pull the short arms off. Both shafts are 3/16", so one of the arms needs drilled out to .188" diameter. The new arms have two set screws so they will hold with some red lock tight. The arms are not drilled for a clevis so you do what ever your favorite is. Its still a small space to connect, but it can be done with a forward choke rod.