• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 61 -Discussion thread

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Yes even a 2/56 bolt needs to be filed down it's so close and I shaved a little of the shroud to have clearance. It pays to have an rtl fastener kit so I could use the shortest socket head as possible.
Check out rtl fastner best place to buy socket head bolts and socket head servo screws etc

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I ended up making some custom throttle and choke arms for mine. The stock ones will work, but I felt a little better about this setup.

20140622_133728_resized.jpg
Mount And Arms.jpg

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Ouch missed the first attempt at the choke I see. I opted for a choke servo since the motor is a monster and wouldn't noctice the weight. I had a smooth pipe on my 61 and it was ballistic it really only needs a can for a better sound.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Ouch missed the first attempt at the choke I see. I opted for a choke servo since the motor is a monster and wouldn't noctice the weight. I had a smooth pipe on my 61 and it was ballistic it really only needs a can for a better sound.
You weren't supposed to see that.;) The geometry worked a lot better in the second spot. In the removable engine dome of my Carf there just wasn't any more room for a servo.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Naaaaaa..... Just enough room for another servo.
At times I'd rather get poked in the eye with a sharp stick than take that dome off. To make it balance I needed to mount all the batteries in the dome. They're Duralite's with a charge lead and a power lead, then add the Sparkswitch and everything else there are 11 connections to deal with.