• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GoPro mount?

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
I built a mount that bolts into the wingtip SFG holes on my 35% Extra. Facing the camera back towards the plane is a really cool angle. I still need to fine tune it, was getting bad vibration.
Yea Man U know what I'm puttin down!

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Wouldn't attaching the adhesive mount to the monocote/ultracote stretch it any, or even break or tear the film? I guess the use of the lanyard would be extra insurance.

As long as the covering is ironed down really good on a solid surface and cleaned with alcohol or wax & grease remover before you stick the mount down its not going anywhere! I do like the idea of a tether and will make one before I put the camera in the air again.

I put mine facing backwards. I think it's actually a cooler frame as the nose is looking at nothing but blank sky more often than not. It's not like it costs anything really to try other positions though.

and I made the mistake of doing the stabilization and color correction on YouTube. It looked better before I did anything unfortunately.

Seems like a lot of people are mounting on the landing gear with the handlebar mount, if they had a mount similar to the handlebar mount but the clamp area were flat or even a slight curve with either rubber, or foam on both sides to minimize vibration. That seems like it would be better for the landing gear wouldn't it?