• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GiantScaleNews is PROUD to Welcome Reza Gholamipour!!

Reza

50cc
What's the current popular size airframes these days, guys?

How about any interest in radio and servo reviews and for what size application?

I'd like us to do reviews of things that you folks are interested in more than just getting something and doing a review.

Please talk to me :)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'd say 100cc seems to be the most popular size.

I'd be curious to see how some of the popular 100CC ARF kits stack up against each other in terms of quality of kit construction, covering, included hardware and its quality, and of course how the airplane flies. Such as the 100CC Hanger 9 Extra, the 100CC Pilot Extra, or the Extreme Flight 100CC Extra. Seeing which one would be the better value for a modeler who just can't make up his mind (like me).

How about more Hitec HSB series reviews? :mario-banana::mario-banana:

Reza

50cc
Awesome input. These are the type of things I'm looking for.

Out of all the things you mentioned, I only have intimate knowledge of the H9 extra but that'll change soon when I accept reviews of other products.

I still have my prototype, preproduction H9 Extra. Mike did an awesome job with that Airframe.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have heard nothing but praise from it. And the Pilot, and the Extreme Flight. Makes choosing an airframe a difficult decision!!

Maybe I should just get all 3 :banana-dance:

Reza

50cc
I think extreme and pilot have good offerings and maybe one better than the others. Just never had a chance to try them due to my prior sponsorship obligations.

I'm hoping to change that.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
My buddy Dave just recieved the EF 104" Extra and we have been marvelling at the quality of this arf, from packaging to assembly it's flawless, they even include an incience report on the surfaces thats been checked and hand signed for tolerance and all the pieces have been pre assembled for fit, from lg to cowl.
Should be finished this weekend and maidened sunday given decent weather... oh wait, its California, we have year round good weather LOL.

tylerzx9r

100cc
I agree on the 100-120cc airframes. They seem to be most popular currently, I myself am wondering about some transmitter comparisons. I currently fly Futaba, but am discouraged that they do not offer a high voltage input receiver without using s-bus. I recently asked our fellow members for input, which helped me better understand the s-bus theory, and think it is cool, but also think it makes things more complicated in ways. I considered going to another manufacturer to keep things simple however am stuck in the boat of expense to convert all models! This is where I could have used actual research over what I read in magazines.

Reza

50cc
I have intimate knowledge of Spektrum transmitters as I did lots of preproduction testings. I also know old JR transmitters very well. Not familiar with Futaba just yet, I hope to do some product reviews on them if opportunity presents itself.

From simplicity perspective, you can't go wrong with spek powersafe receivers and a dx18.

I know exactly where you coming from and how there is no solid place for reviewing these transmitters side by side only because sponsored pilots know the product they represent for the most part and magazines won't ever have the intimate knowledge of a product due to their transient type work, get something,show a few pics,a few lines and move on.

I hope to make Captain's Aviation the source for these reviews and comparisons without bias.

I agree on the 100-120cc airframes. They seem to be most popular currently, I myself am wondering about some transmitter comparisons. I currently fly Futaba, but am discouraged that they do not offer a high voltage input receiver without using s-bus. I recently asked our fellow members for input, which helped me better understand the s-bus theory, and think it is cool, but also think it makes things more complicated in ways. I considered going to another manufacturer to keep things simple however am stuck in the boat of expense to convert all models! This is where I could have used actual research over what I read in magazines.