• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 8FG(S)

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I have run the standard 6014, 6008, and 6004 on HV with no issues, and many other people have as well.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
I have a lot to learn about Futaba systems, but aren't the voltage ratings on the receivers more for the servo than the receiver itself? It seems in my reading about the various receivers (at least the newer ones) that the consensus was that they all could handle HV.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Thought you guys would get a kick out of the case I picked up for my 8FGS. I decided that $85 for a Futaba branded case was a bit much when I could have the ultimate protection of Pelican 1500 for $30 more. This case has 'pick-n-pluck' foam in it, so I can re-work it for any other transmitter that may come about in the distant future. As you can see this also left room for a bunch of storage. I was able to put all of my main flying accessories in this case with room for more.

Pictures coming...had a loading issue on the website.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Thought you guys would get a kick out of the case I picked up for my 8FGS. I decided that $85 for a Futaba branded case was a bit much when I could have the ultimate protection of Pelican 1500 for $30 more. This case has 'pick-n-pluck' foam in it, so I can re-work it for any other transmitter that may come about in the distant future. As you can see this also left room for a bunch of storage. I was able to put all of my main flying accessories in this case with room for more.

Pictures coming...had a loading issue on the website.

I use a $15 plano gun case from WalMart for my TX...works just great. I refuse to pay that kind of money for a case.

wedoitall

I use a $15 plano gun case from WalMart for my TX...works just great. I refuse to pay that kind of money for a case.

i have the same one.... i would use a pillow case stuffed with foam or something, before i would pay those prices. im kinda a cheap skate. but still havent bought one thing from HK :D

econpatric

70cc twin V2
i have the same one.... i would use a pillow case stuffed with foam or something, before i would pay those prices. im kinda a cheap skate. but still havent bought one thing from HK :D

Well to each their own. I understand being a cheap-skate on some things, but protecting an expensive investment like a transmitter isn't an area I would cheap out. I certainly didn't have go as large as the 1500, but I wanted room for extras.

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
I have a lot to learn about Futaba systems, but aren't the voltage ratings on the receivers more for the servo than the receiver itself? It seems in my reading about the various receivers (at least the newer ones) that the consensus was that they all could handle HV.
You are correct.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Hey guys: I just burnt up my 3rd Hitec servo on the new Futaba RX's in two different airplanes. I have made sure that the receivers were not set to High Speed mode, and there was no indication of buzzing or jittering suggesting they were in this HS mode and end points were set so no binding was occurring.

One servo was a HS-5245 and the other two were 65-hb's-- all on different surfaces: 5245 was a rudder servo (stopped working on the bench), the other two were hb's on my foamies ele and rudd and these stopped working in flight. The elevator servo had a visible melting spot on the bottom of the case and the aileron is to be determined.

I do have the radio set up for max servo travel for best resolution (I believe '140') and have limits set to stop any binding of the surfaces. Could setting up the max travel be the problem? Nothing else on the power side has changed from when used with the Spek stuff.

** Update** Just took out the aileron servo and there is no visible signs of damage or other issues. When plugged into the RX there is no response whatsoever not even a jump (other servos work fine on that channel).

Also checked the voltage on the foamy and it reads 6.09v.

Last edited by a moderator: