• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 8FG(S)

Thanks! :thumbup:

I don't think so but the 14SG has telemetry.

I'm going to be using a R6014HS receiver but it says 4.8-6V. Is the max really 6V? I'm trying to run an HV setup.

Even though only certain ones advertise HV, I think they all can go to 9V. We were worried more about how many amps your servos could actually pull through the receiver. So far so good on Aaron's EF70 running all HV from a 2S 4000mah receiver pack.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Even though only certain ones advertise HV, I think they all can go to 9V. We were worried more about how many amps your servos could actually pull through the receiver. So far so good on Aaron's EF70 running all HV from a 2S 4000mah receiver pack.

I have run HV through the 6014, 6008, and 617 for many, many flights with no issues.

Thanks guys. I feel much better about running HV through my 6014 now.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Another user with both the 6014 and 617 on HV with no issues and also confirmed with Mike Mayberry on a phone call before I did it.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
You use the 6014 in your 87"?

Yes I did. It worked out great and easy to mix and reverse the servos. I had three power feeds going into it as well from the Wolverine switch for redundant power. I said I did because I sold my 87". I still have the 6014 however.

SnowDog

Yes I did. It worked out great and easy to mix and reverse the servos. I had three power feeds going into it as well from the Wolverine switch for redundant power. I said I did because I sold my 87". I still have the 6014 however.

When did you sell your 87? I thought you loved that plane?

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
When did you sell your 87? I thought you loved that plane?

I did, one awesome plane thats for sure. I just never had the time to fly it (long story) and when I did I always felt like I had to baby it because if it went down I would not have the money to replace it. Then I started flying the 60" EF Edge and recently the EF Laser and these I can fly every day before work at work and wow does the Laser fly big and fly great. I really have not looked back to be honest as I am having so much fun. I am sure some will think I am crazy but I got a good price and I am happy.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Sorry for the necro but want to ask those with this radio what Rx's they use and for what models, I have recently moved to Futaba and still trying to get the hang of their rx naming.

I think i have a 6203SB on my two channel composite DS windburner (very fast slope model, can get away from you pretty quick, speeds up to 200mph)

I got a two 6208SB's which I am using on my 30cc and 50cc gas models

I got two 6008HS's which I am using on a 2m foam glider and a Mutiplex Razzor (fast park flyer)

I want to swap out the two 6008HS rx's for something smaller and lighter, what options do i have, will need min 4ch prefer 5 so i don't have to use a Y for Ail, it will also need decent range as those two models fly further than a slow foamy parky.

I also need a small lightweight rx 4ch min again for either a TH Yak or MP Stuntmaster (haven't decided) but that will be closer range so i guess a park rx might work well on those

also has anyone tried those Frysky compatible Rx's for Futaba FASST?