• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 8FG(S)

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
On my 30cc and above I am using the R6014HS so I can mix elevators and have extra inputs for 3 power leads in. My 48" to 60" I use R617FS. My foamy I use R6004FF. All have been great. I have never tried the Frysky Rx's and never will. I bought a Futaba for a reason. The 6004 is 3.3g and have experimented with distance having flown my foamy to a point I almost could not tell orientation and it still had a good signal.
Nice looking avatar btw.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
On my 30cc and above I am using the R6014HS so I can mix elevators and have extra inputs for 3 power leads in. My 48" to 60" I use R617FS. My foamy I use R6004FF. All have been great. I have never tried the Frysky Rx's and never will. I bought a Futaba for a reason. The 6004 is 3.3g and have experimented with distance having flown my foamy to a point I almost could not tell orientation and it still had a good signal.
Nice looking avatar btw.

Thanks Ohio, I feel the same way about the Frysky, I trust them but I would only put them in a HK foamy or model I did not care about if I ever got one, nice to know the 6004FF's have good range, will grab two of those for my parkies and use those 6008's I have for some bigger models, I will probably be using a booma powerbus so won't have to worry about extra channels for the power so should be ok using my 6208SB's for my 30 and 50cc

Thanks for the help

Avatar is the Redbull Edge540, not sure where it taken though

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Lookie lookie what I upgraded too from my Futaba T7C! I am a Futaba Fan and am enjoying the feel of this new radio. Can't wait to try it out! Took about 15 minutes to configure and input a couple planes.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
My gimbals on the 8FG super seem really tight which I know I can adjust but it kinda posed the question in my head... What is the optimum settings for gimbals? I know it's probably a preference thing but thought I would pose the question anyway!

What are your preferences for gimbal adjustment?

EDIT**** I decided to widen the audience and so i created a new thread here: http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?3400-Transmitter-Gimbal-Settings-need-your-thoughts!

dougb

50cc
Posted in new thread. Enjoy the Futaba goodness. :) I'm waiting for the 14SG upgrade that is rumored to be coming soon.

Doug B.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Thanks Ohio, I feel the same way about the Frysky, I trust them but I would only put them in a HK foamy or model I did not care about if I ever got one, nice to know the 6004FF's have good range, will grab two of those for my parkies and use those 6008's I have for some bigger models, I will probably be using a booma powerbus so won't have to worry about extra channels for the power so should be ok using my 6208SB's for my 30 and 50cc

Thanks for the help

Avatar is the Redbull Edge540, not sure where it taken though
I use the Frsky receivers in all my planes with a Futaba 12FG. They are good to 10V. I have the 8 ch with 6 digital servos in a 30cc RV8 and the 7 channel in a 78" Extra and 60" Edge both at 8V. The only issue I have ever had was going into failsafe in direct sunlight plugged in on the ground for extended periods on very hit days (95+).