• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flight/Maintenance Log

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I just downloaded the T3chDad RC Flight Log as well for my iPhone and really like it. Better than my RC Flightbook I feel. I contacted them and see if they would consider during the next update to treat motors like the do batteries. We may use a motor in several planes over the years and he really liked the suggestion and said he would work it in. I also suggested on a gas plane to also be able to select batteries to track if the user so wanted. I have switched over to only this now.
Cool....I downloaded that about... oh I guess it was like two months ago. I am just not real devoted on keeping it updated with each flight. LOL...but it is a very handy little tool for sure.

PaPa-Doc

New to GSN!
Some of us creaky ol' critters don't have these jazzy smartphone things and still rely on the old desktop PC to keep track of stuff. I have been using Flight Log Ver. 1.11.3 build 165 written by Shawn Lammers and available at www.lammers.ca/FlightLog. It's a free download and it keeps track of just about everything you need.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Some of us creaky ol' critters don't have these jazzy smartphone things and still rely on the old desktop PC to keep track of stuff. I have been using Flight Log Ver. 1.11.3 build 165 written by Shawn Lammers and available at www.lammers.ca/FlightLog. It's a free download and it keeps track of just about everything you need.
Nice...gonna check that out. Speaking of maintenance.... Decided to tear into two of my gassers this afternoon and do the season end maintenance. Still have a few more to do. But if they are anything like the two I did today, I may not do them at all. LOL....

Pilot Edge 540: 60 flights since new a couple of months ago. Everything tight, clean and just like new. Changed out plug and double checked all system. Yup...good to go for spring.

42% Extra 260: Now this one impressed the heck outta me. Now I know why I use Redline and non-ethanol premium fuel. A looksee inside the cylinders and a peek at the plugs pretty much told me what I wanted to know after the first 9.5 gallons of this bad boys life. Maybe just a "smidgen" rich but that's ok. No heating issues and I likes that. By the way, thanks Chris... (Bunky.F.Knuckle) Your needle settings are right on the money.
20141107_200940.jpg
20141107_201437.jpg

Last edited: