• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flight/Maintenance Log

Ohio AV8TOR;13237 wrote: I use rcFlightbook for my iPhone and really like it, simple and easy to use.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rcflightbook/id394114598?mt=8

That is the app I use. I couldn't remember exactly what the name was.

stangflyer;13266 wrote: It sounds as though we both do everything pretty much 'zactly the same. I have not used the RCFlightlog however. Isn't it just for "Apple" products? No "I" phone here. It's good to know others do this also.

Yes it is for apple only. It sucks really because I have switched to Android (and LOVE it), but I have so much information in that app that it would take me forever to enter it all in a new app. So my "iPod" is my old iPhone. It's all I use it for anymore.

The app is really nice though. You can save your database in a cloud and then just download it again when you get a new device, you never lose your data that way.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Geno;13271 wrote: Thats next level....I still just use a pen and book lol

Hey, pen and book works quite nicely. That is my present method of recording. I at least have figured out how to take the cap off the pen. LOL

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Pen and book here, gallons of fuel and octane and which station, cg location movements, flights and where sometimes with who, like a pilots log book, dont track batteries just purchase date , and put date on batteries w/ replace date, season end maintenance, fuel lines, filter ,all bolts locktite etc, events and placement in them, all the arestis/unknowns/ scorecards, all the reciepts.. dunno why, makes me cringe to look at them, miles on trailer, prop changes and sizes w/ rpm readings, AU and wet weight of plane, a written copy of set up and mixes in case the radio goes kaput,repairs, whole file on the dang thing, again... dunno why.. ill never sell it.

On a side note... I do this to absolutely nothing else in my life, bills and taxes , autos and all that go in a drawer in a pile or on top of the dresser. Its sick isnt it.

Only problem is im not consistent month to month, but the general scope is there. Had no idea theres an app for it, im not on apple. But my sons a genius with making apps. Hmmm. Keep you posted on that one.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

jhelber08;15129 wrote: Cool app...just downloaded it. Is there any way to change the gas to oz instead of ml? I haven't had a chance to play with it much.
No there is not and I have requested it and I suggest that you do the same.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
IMAC FANATIC;15094 wrote: On a side note... I do this to absolutely nothing else in my life, bills and taxes , autos and all that go in a drawer in a pile or on top of the dresser. Its sick isnt it.

Only problem is im not consistent month to month, but the general scope is there. Had no idea theres an app for it, im not on apple. But my sons a genius with making apps. Hmmm. Keep you posted on that one.

Oh my....sickness? At least my piles are organized and categorized. LOL...I would say up until this moment, I believed myself be about the most mis-guided priority stricken individual alive. I'm feeling pretty confident that I am pretty close to normal now. Hee hee. Keep us posted on that app. I too am not an apple person. It would be nice if there were apps out there for other telephone operating systems.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Planecraz3d;15191 wrote: I have contacted them about changing from ml to oz. I never heard anything goes back though.

He did reply back to me when I requested it but that was a while back. He said he would try and work it in the next upgrade but there has not been any.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
After reading some of this thread last Saturday I downloaded an app called T3chDad RC Flight Log for my Android phone. It's pretty basic with date, time, fuel used (even though I have yet to make that work) and flight notes. I need to figure out why I can't seem to make the fuel log work, then it should suit my needs just fine.