• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flight/Maintenance Log

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I took about an eight year hiatus from flying and returned a little over four years ago. R/C flying is kind of like riding a bike, ya really never forget how. But it is amazing what confidence rebuilding takes place in the process. I, like a lot of guys had a few issues upon returning to this awesome hobby. Stripped servo here, stalled approach there. Inverted flat spin too close to the ground to recover. It happens to all of us right? "RIGHT"???? LOL... I started a log on all my planes about two years ago. Keeping track of every flight, needed adjustments and maintenance required. Even battery charging tracking and amount of fuel used in each motor. From that time on, I have been very successful. Have not lost a single plane and have actually spotted potential problems. I kind of think its a good idea also because if anyone asks, "How much time is on the motor"? "How much fuel has it used"? "How many flights does it have on it"? "Ever any damage"? I can honestly tell them without guessing. So am I the only anal R/C pilot out there? Or do any of the rest of you do this? If so, what other parameters do you keep track of?

I keep track of pretty much the exact same things you do, with dates, times and location of flights and type of flying done on each flight. I keep it more for myself than anything else. I like that I know I have just over 5 gallons through my GT33 and it is running like a top.

On my electrics I track lipo IR, cycles, mah put back in, charge rate, and flight time. Doing this I know that my 4 year old Gens Ace 4S4000's are still performing just as good as the day I bought them.

I use an app on my iPod Touch to do the tracking. I believe it is RCFlightLog. It makes it really easy to keep up with everything.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
+1 on rcFlighbook..........very handy! I think there is a trial version that will let you keep track of one plane. The full version isn't but a few of dollars.

Tankd

30cc
I keep track of number of flights and battery mah put back in on charge. I did find a battery pack go south by keeping track. Its just a spreadsheet in Quickoffice for the phone.

Geno

70cc twin V2
I keep track of every plane for flights and how many gallons I use...I think its good to know!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Depends.... Fuel powered aircraft I keep track of how much fuel I go through and the flight times on the engine. I should probably keep track of the number of flights and total flight time on the airplane though..

Electric airplanes I just plug and fly, though I do keep track on the number of charges I have on each pack.

Geno

70cc twin V2
I keep log of my bigger electrics....see how long stuff lasts....foamies just plug n go.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Planecraz3d;13220 wrote: I keep track of pretty much the exact same things you do, with dates, times and location of flights and type of flying done on each flight. I keep it more for myself than anything else. I like that I know I have just over 5 gallons through my GT33 and it is running like a top.

On my electrics I track lipo IR, cycles, mah put back in, charge rate, and flight time. Doing this I know that my 4 year old Gens Ace 4S4000's are still performing just as good as the day I bought them.

I use an app on my iPod Touch to do the tracking. I believe it is RCFlightLog. It makes it really easy to keep up with everything.

It sounds as though we both do everything pretty much 'zactly the same. I have not used the RCFlightlog however. Isn't it just for "Apple" products? No "I" phone here. It's good to know others do this also.