• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flight/Maintenance Log

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
C-Hymas;20257 wrote: Here is one picture of the 260 before the recover and a couple afterwards.

Oh yeah....I remember now!!! Yours "looked" like mine does now. Mine did not look anything like either of them as they now are. LOL

this is a screen shot...

attachment.php

20313=13017-IMG_6129.jpg
20313=13017-IMG_6129.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a check list on my phone that I go over right before I get in the truck to leave for the field, to make sure I don't forget things like fuel or the wings or the transmitter. Little things like that. I started that after getting about 20 minutes from home and realizing I forgot my fuel.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Jetpainter;20338 wrote: I have a check list on my phone that I go over right before I get in the truck to leave for the field, to make sure I don't forget things like fuel or the wings or the transmitter. Little things like that. I started that after getting about 20 minutes from home and realizing I forgot my fuel.

At least you could possibly borrow a little fuel from someone. Try forgetting the wing tube...Doah...been there, done that. NOT FUN. LOL

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
stangflyer;20339 wrote: At least you could possibly borrow a little fuel from someone. Try forgetting the wing tube...Doah...been there, done that. NOT FUN. LOL

Especially when you drive 35 minutes to get there.

Do-rag

100cc
stangflyer;20339 wrote: At least you could possibly borrow a little fuel from someone. Try forgetting the wing tube...Doah...been there, done that. NOT FUN. LOL

Or forgetting the transmitter. :shame::hororr::hopelessness:

I drove 450 miles Nashville to Mocksville NC for an IMAC contest, got there and found I had forgotten the wing tube for my 33% Carden Cap. Thought I was done, but it turned out another pilot (Mark McClelland) had an extra tube that fit so I got to fly the contest after all. I don't use a written checklist now, but a mental "radio - check, tools - check, wings - check, TUBE - CHECK!" is burned into my brain. Thanks again, Mark.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I do my mental checklist as well. I also do a pre flight inspection and a post flight inspection. That is where my log comes in handy it seems.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I just downloaded the T3chDad RC Flight Log as well for my iPhone and really like it. Better than my RC Flightbook I feel. I contacted them and see if they would consider during the next update to treat motors like the do batteries. We may use a motor in several planes over the years and he really liked the suggestion and said he would work it in. I also suggested on a gas plane to also be able to select batteries to track if the user so wanted. I have switched over to only this now.