• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FLI V at the 114th Sponsored by 3DHS and 3DRCFORUMS

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thank you Wendell for dispelling the rumor and confirming nothing has changed! Can't wait to come up and fly!!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
The field rule is 100 DB at 10 feet. We have a meter and it only take a few seconds of run up to check.

This is not new and has been in place for many years. This is also the same limit used by IMAC at the time it adopted. It was in place for the four previous FLIs. While it is possible to fly any motor/exhaust/prop at some fields we have a limit to maintain a good relationship with our neighbors.

As a general rule you should have no problem staying within the limit with canisters and if you plan on flying at this field on a regular basis canisters are a very good idea. In fact I am not aware of any motor with canisters exceeding the limit.

If you are running some other setup we have been able to work with people to limit the throttle with ATV to a point that it passes.

Does anyone know if a DA60 with a JTech Pitts passes at your field? My prop is a Vess Stealth?
I would love to talk about the raffle and all because this will always take my first thoughts. I would never fly my plane with the ATV set for low power as it was the power of a DA60 that saved me once already.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sorry if I caused any problems... I was just passing on what I was told today :)
-C

It's all good Chad, but like you saw, sometimes it's better to let those in charge make announcements like that. Nobody's mad at you, just a misunderstanding!
Now go get that 91 extra ready!

Bivens

50cc
Flying with common sense should get us all under the DB limit. Last time there I flew a pair of 120's with wood VESS props and they were only too loud on WFO unloaded passes. I plan on coming to the event with a nice dose of respect for the club and a little throttle control.....

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Flying with common sense should get us all under the DB limit. Last time there I flew a pair of 120's with wood VESS props and they were only too loud on WFO unloaded passes. I plan on coming to the event with a nice dose of respect for the club and a little throttle control.....

I remember that. I am thinking of picking up a Laminated Xoar 24x10 prop for my 60 and maybe that will quiet it down some.

robj

70cc twin V2
I think last year there were a couple planes that might had exceeded it, at least on a WOT pass. And I think we were asked to settle down a bit because of a weeding going on nearby. But I think it all ended good.

Prop ripping done at it's best in Missouri.

Tim H.

50cc
Sweet! Just found out about the event. I'm just finishing up a 3DHS 74" Edge. I'll be there for sure! Now to figure out something for night flying.

Cheers!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sweet! Just found out about the event. I'm just finishing up a 3DHS 74" Edge. I'll be there for sure! Now to figure out something for night flying.

Cheers!

Welcome Tim, and congrats on the 74" Edge! Gas or Electric?