• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FLI V at the 114th Sponsored by 3DHS and 3DRCFORUMS

It's all good Chad, but like you saw, sometimes it's better to let those in charge make announcements like that. Nobody's mad at you, just a misunderstanding!
Now go get that 91 extra ready!

I'm working on the 91"! :) Still getting funds for the Engine & Servos... Saving for a new car too! :)

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
To far to find out that my DA 120 on stock mufflers is to loud. Have to find out if ARCA or TRI City have a DB meter to check my engine sound level. Otherwise I'll go to burn some fuel at my local strip.

Been to this field many times and seen many 120's fly there. You'll be fine...

Also, seems like everyone's bugging about the db limit at the Grapevine field and as an outsider, I just wanted to tell you guys this:

I've been to all the FLI's held at Grapevine except the first one and this is one of the friendliest groups of folks you could deal with. Yes, they have a db limit, but I don't guess I've ever seen anyone fail it. And I've heard some pretty obnoxious aircraft in the air there!

I'll be there, DLE-55 thru DA-120 and I ain't skeered!

Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
Been to this field many times and seen many 120's fly there. You'll be fine...

Also, seems like everyone's bugging about the db limit at the Grapevine field and as an outsider, I just wanted to tell you guys this:

I've been to all the FLI's held at Grapevine except the first one and this is one of the friendliest groups of folks you could deal with. Yes, they have a db limit, but I don't guess I've ever seen anyone fail it. And I've heard some pretty obnoxious aircraft in the air there!

I'll be there, DLE-55 thru DA-120 and I ain't skeered!

Fred

My 104 is history. I might show up with my 89 slick and the 87 extra.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
If you are concerned about the db volume of your plane I found this thread over on FG where people have posted tested volumes with different motor and prop combinations. You just might see your combo

gyro

GSN Contributor
gwh1,

Any updates on the event? What kind of food will be available? Do you have a confirmed attendance list?

All, any guesses on what new plane 3DHS will show up with?

-G