• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FLI V at the 114th Sponsored by 3DHS and 3DRCFORUMS

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
10 feet is the distance from the motor to the meter.

We'll do a quick run up on the ground and take readings in a 10 ft. diameter circle around the plane. Our goal is not to keep people from flying but to help you recognize how to maximize your fun while minimizing unwanted attention. Just because your plane can exceed the noise limits doesn't mean it can't be flown in a manner that does comply.

I have never had my 87" Extra measured for sound. Do you have any flyers out there now with a DA-60 using the Jtech Pitts?

To far to find out that my DA 120 on stock mufflers is to loud. Have to find out if ARCA or TRI City have a DB meter to check my engine sound level. Otherwise I'll go to burn some fuel at my local strip.

I have been there before with 120's on Vess wood props.....I flew plenty....never grounded for sound

I'm flying the Falcon 29 X 9 but I have the Vess wood prop.
I guess that I will have to find out, I'm very conservative and hardly run my engine at full trottle.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm flying the Falcon 29 X 9 but I have the Vess wood prop.
I guess that I will have to find out, I'm very conservative and hardly run my engine at full trottle.

If you don't want the falcon 29x9.... I could easily put it onto my 106" hahaha!

I think we're confusing the DLE 111 and DA 120. I've tried a couple props on my DLE 111 and the Falcon 28x9 worked the best.

It's the DA 120 that taks the 29x9. I've seen Humberto's and others use this and it seems to be best prop, especially for 3D. Great pull, good braking.