• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FLI V at the 114th Sponsored by 3DHS and 3DRCFORUMS

I was wondering when you'd show up! :) Glad we'll finally get to meet Chad!

Yeah! This will be a sweet event too! Hosted at my club :D ill hopefully have a 50cc bird by then... ;) id like to run pipes, but that may be too loud... EME60, 91" Extra, Savox 2270s or Hitec equivalent.

... or, the 87" SHP.. :D:thumbup:.

Last edited by a moderator:

gwh1

New to GSN!
Cool, so your post says 10 feet. Do most guys flying large planes just stay high altitude to keep the noise level down ? I can understand hovering and such, just don't mash the gas on pull out. No problem there......thanks for the reply
10 feet is the distance from the motor to the meter.

We'll do a quick run up on the ground and take readings in a 10 ft. diameter circle around the plane. Our goal is not to keep people from flying but to help you recognize how to maximize your fun while minimizing unwanted attention. Just because your plane can exceed the noise limits doesn't mean it can't be flown in a manner that does comply.

gyro

GSN Contributor

We'll do a quick run up on the ground and take readings in a 10 ft. diameter circle around the plane. Our goal is not to keep people from flying but to help you recognize how to maximize your fun while minimizing unwanted attention. Just because your plane can exceed the noise limits doesn't mean it can't be flown in a manner that does comply.

Awesome!

Drew

70cc twin V2

Great, thanks.....

Av8r RC

50cc
I'll be there with my 89 red bull slick. Finally an event like this that I know about less than an hour from me.:bouncy:

Av8r RC

50cc
hooray, a twin for mine! which motor do you have in yours?

That good ol' DA60 powerhouse.

Im in the middle of having to rebuild my firewall. Last Saturday it was running like crud, and no amount of tuning we tried seemed to help. This was also right before a strong cold front moved thru which is probably why it was acting odd. We were looking at it while waiting for the motor to cool down. And the motor seemed "loose" according to one of the guys (what do I know this is my first gasser). All the motor bolts were tight. But upon further inspection after we removed the cowl, we found one of the metal support brackets to be cracked. Severely, only about half an inch of it is still connected. Good thing we found this when we did or I'd be ordering another slick.

Bivens

50cc
We just have to keep Wamsy from flying my planes over the lady on the back left early in the morning....right James ;)

Last time there, I flew my DA120's on a 104, 103, and Bonedoc's 119 all weekend...and there were several 126's with plenty of motor. If you are considerate with throttle, you can fly a giant scale 3D plane with stock muffs at almost every field.....just take it easy and think before going full throttle when unloaded to avoid prop rip.

Last edited by a moderator: