• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
I got just a little bit of time to work on it tonight. Today is my youngest daughters 16th birthday so that takes priority tonight. I did get the landing gear plate mounted and the aluminum supports epoxied in place. I will post some pictures this weekend.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
The landing gear mount is in and the aluminum has been epoxied. I have some of the tri stock around the firewall in and have started fitting balsa to help stiffen the landing gears area. Lillie slow on this part of the build because of using epoxy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 435
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 464
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 477

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
This morning I got the extra bracing put in going up to the landing gear mount.

The balsa bones have been shaped and glued inside the sides of the motor box above the fuel tank floor.

I squared up the F2's and the TG1's and glued them to the side of the motor box. Once that was done I then screwed the aluminum angle back down and got everything squared up the the motor box. I glued the sides of the fuse to the TG1's and F2's. I decided to use Titebond instead of CA for this and you also need to use a lot of clamps when doing this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 328
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 329

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
There is so much Joy in building, akin to the joy i felt in the 80s, when you got tired of building and crashing and ARF came along, now i am sick of this ARF stuff, ARF my ass, but then, ARF saves time for people who are working their ass off. watching this beauty closely

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Didn't get much time to work on the plane, we had our club Christmas party today which was a very good time. I started putting in the verticals for the top. I will try and get some more done tomorrow after work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 309

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Not much progress to report, have been busy with other things so far this week. I did get my epoxy and vacuum bag kit today. I hope I get to try out some vacuum bagging this weekend, at least maybe the front hatch. I will post some pictures as I go since this is my first time using the vacuum bagging process. I figured I would start with something small that could be shipped easily of I screw it up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 343

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice!! I'll be curious to hear your reports on the EZ vac. Since my thread, I've had a few people asking me about it and I have no first hand info.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Nice!! I'll be curious to hear your reports on the EZ vac. Since my thread, I've had a few people asking me about it and I have no first hand info.

I will keep you and everyone posted, and if I have any questions I might give you a call