• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Very nice. I was impressed with the work Rick did to make sure that all the joints fit together tight. Being that we make a living doing CNC cutting at my shop, I know that having the program square out all the corners so you don't have to file them takes a bit of work so I was very impressed with that.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Okay I didn't do a whole lot tonight other than look at the landing gear plate and trying to decide if I should use oak or aluminum angle. Well I decided I'm going to deviate from the manual and this came down to two reasons why. The first one is I didn't have any oak, but I did have aluminum angle. The second one is I don't always have the softest landings and I really don't want to knock out the gear if I dumb thumb the plane when trying to land.

Here is the plan that I'm going with. I have 3/4" X 1/16" aluminum angle that I will run under the the landing gear mount up to F2 I will scuff the aluminum with 80 grit sand paper and epoxy it in place instead of using 4-40 bolts and bolting it to the side of the box. I got this suggestion from Terry and that is the way he did it on the Viper. Then I plan on running 3/8" square balsa at an angle and then a piece vertical to reinforce that area. I will do a very thin coat of epoxy on the balsa and then harden with CA.

As you can see in the picture, using the aluminum angle will be about 1.6 ounces for the two pieces, I don't know if oak would make much difference in weight.

I got the wing and stab tubes ordered today from TNT and they were going to try and ship them today so I should have them but the end of the week. I also got a notification that my Vacuum pump shipped today so hopefully I get to do some sheeting and bagging some foam this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 337
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 364
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I love build threads. It seems like building is making a slow comeback. I will be watching you!