• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 91" Extra EXP Build Log

Bipenut53

150cc
Well here is a video of the maiden flight, nothing special because I wanted to just get a flight in and check everything over after. All turned out good and I flew it two more times after that and I have to say it surpassed what I expected. Great airplane!! I am really going to enjoy this for the next few years I hope!!

[video=youtube;MFGK-UBPOI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGK-UBPOI0[/video]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well here is a video of the maiden flight, nothing special because I wanted to just get a flight in and check everything over after. All turned out good and I flew it two more times after that and I have to say it surpassed what I expected. Great airplane!! I am really going to enjoy this for the next few years I hope!!

[video=youtube;MFGK-UBPOI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGK-UBPOI0[/video]

Awesome man! Sounds gooooood!

Bipenut53

150cc
Thanks [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] That engine is the real thing, I was pleasantly surprised with it. Makes tons of power and I am going to finish this gallon of fuel and then lean it out a touch and try a couple different pitch props on it then I will get a Falcon prop. That engine didn't get over 210 degrees the whole time I was running it today. So the baffling and where the air exits seems to have done their job.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
That's awesome! What octaine fuel, ratio (35:1 40:1 etc..) and oil did you use? Just wondering what your using for break in.

Bipenut53

150cc
Im using 91 octane with 30:1 as per EME and Im running Penzoil petroleum base 2 stroke oil, I would have used lawn boy oil but no one in town has that and I wasn't going to drive 60 miles one way to get it lol. The 91 octane is ethanol free...... It says after the first gallon that 35:1 to 40:1 would be adequate. What do you think? I just don't want to over heat this thing!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I use STIHL ULTRA at 40:1. My brother just switched to a caster based oil. Love the smell of it as I use to run that in my dirt bikes so I'm always interested to see if others are.

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok cool, not available here either, no loggers in the desert! Im still searching for my go to oil after this gallon...... Open to suggestions or if you have a good source for the oil you use.....