• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

ryan_m

100cc
Your best bet may be to use a freight carrier for shipping, it will likely be in the 150 range. UPS might be up to 200. For me, in Arkansas UPS wanted about 140 to ship one to me. They list the box dimensions on their site if I'm not mistaken, you can go to UPS.com and calculate it up.

AKfreak

150cc
Thanks for the sound advice. I read on this topic some got charged $500+ for shipping. Almost the price of the plane! Also, I'm allergic to gas but luckily I have 3 set of 12s 5000 batteries I plan to use. May I ask how much was your shipping and to what state?

$160 and in NV

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I am really close to pulling the trigger on a 120cc PAU Edge 540 and if so my beloved MXS needs to go. If anyone is interested in and around the Texas area I will drive half way.

Attachments

• MXS_086.JPG
    MXS_086.JPG
    714.3 KB · Views: 386
I'm interested. Can't see too well on the iPhone but is it gas? Only interested in electric.

Also, thanks everyone for replying regarding shipping. The other strategy I suppose is to have them bring it to a flying meet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I'm interested. Can't see too well on the iPhone but is it gas? Only interested in electric.

Also, thanks everyone for replying regarding shipping. The other strategy I suppose is to have them bring it to a flying meet.

Yes it's gas with a VVRC 40 twin

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It

I would sell less the motor and you can go electric

Finally ordered the 76" MXS! Blue and Yellow version. Got the Scorpion SII 5525-210 for motor. I bought the motor from Buck Tracker before learning that the motor shear off the prop in flight. Anyone else have experience with the motor?

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Buck was nice enough to send me log data from that motor. He was running a 104g 22x10 Mejzlik E prop on it and it runs about 239 RPMs per volt, unloaded. So that means you have a lot hotter wind than the 210Kv Scorpion lists. This means that a 104g Mejzlik 22x10E is asking a lot from that motor on 10S, and you don't have many 12S options for the motor at that Kv.

Enterprise7 is thinking about using the 22x10 E-L Mejzlik, which is only 46g, on the 195Kv (193 RPMs per volt, unloaded), with 12S, which is probably the next best option. I personally think the 22 inch props to 7000 RPMs is a tough gig for the motor, but we'll see how the lighter prop hold up. All the data I've seen with the motor shows that it sags battery voltage right away with the 22 inch props too, so let's see what the 46g 22 inch prop does.

If I had that motor, I'd probably run a 21x10 PJN or electric beechwood Falcon on 10s, which would produce about 7000 RPMs and 91A. This should be about 23.5 pounds of thrust, so it should be okay to about 13.5 pounds, which is probably doable if you try. If you fly like I do, you can probably get 6 minutes with this setup from 2x 5S 4000mAh batts, which may save you about 9 ounces, depending on the batteries you use.