• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

ryan_m

100cc
Those numbers are right in line with mine, I was getting about 500 mah in a 12 minute flight, so 450 for 10 minutes sounds perfect to me. Of course some people will use a bit more or less depending on how aggressive you are with the servos too. But that's a heck if a lot better than what you were using!

Try flying the plane without the tips too... You might like it even better. I like it best with just the side force generators.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
I will give it a try no tips. Do you have a DA 50 on yours. I just figured with the DA-50 on it I could use as much wind surface as I can get to lower the wing loading numbers. It fly's no nice, I just need to tweak a few things and do a graphics package.

I have a even heavier setup with the 5335 and I like it best with just SFGs. I thought too the extra wing area would help, but it is so stable with just SFGs I don't miss the tips. They also cut the roll rate down a lot. Play around. You have 4 different planes in 1 there to try.

AKfreak

150cc
I plan to try them all. Remember I am just a newb, to me with tips an all, with 45 degrees in the ailerons that plane rolls so fast that I can't keep up with top rudder. Maybe some day I'll get it done.

Happy birthday. Cody flew mine a while back and I saw first hand there is absolutely nothing this plane can't do in the current realm of XA and 3D with your power setup. I am very interested to see how the frame holds up as many people keep asking what to do with their old DA-50s and DLE-55s

ryan_m

100cc
Flew my new one today, has a DA-35 with ES composite pipe on it spinning a 20x9 falcon prop. Wow... huge difference in the ES pipe vs. a regular pitts DA-35 with a 20x8 or Vess 20b. It's on turbo mode with the pipe, hard to get her to slow down! But XA stuff is incredible on the setup. My last one just had a regular pitts muffler, and the ES pipe is very different. Power is nowhere near as smooth, kicks in noticeably once you get above the 1/2 throttle point. But right at the hover/harrier point it takes just a second to spool up when you gun it. Then once it starts going it goes. And doesn't like to slow down again :)
I leaned the low end a bit, and it was a little better, might do some more leaning on the low end to see how it changes. Need to tach it too and see what kind of rpm's it's getting.

ryan_m

100cc
I plan to try them all. Remember I am just a newb, to me with tips an all, with 45 degrees in the ailerons that plane rolls so fast that I can't keep up with top rudder. Maybe some day I'll get it done.

45 degrees? Wow. I setup my planes up typically with about 35-37 degrees and have no need for more on any plane I own. Some I even back down from that.

I like all I can get on my ailerons for hovering and attempting anti torque rolls. I think as I transition to the jeti I will setup a hover rate and then 37-38 for rolling and tumbles and then a low rate.

I noticed in my 74 laser how touchy the throttle is. Since I am using a new radio and I only had 2 flights on it with the Pitts I thought it was just throttle geometry. I will know better when I can setup a throttle curve and see if it is the pipe or the carb. I got 7700 consistent with the 20x9 the other day and 7850 on the Vess 20B.