• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Glad your results were as high as mine. My maiden never took one click of trim. The rudder and pitch authority is pretty crazy huh. Yet in low rates flys quite tame

AKfreak

150cc
In low rates, it's more 3d than most planes I see at my field. In high rates, I was just all smiles. The way this plane balls up is un real. Since it's an a Extreme Flight, I never feared once for the wing to drop or do something stupid when I slowed down. Knowing this plane is a premium designed plane sure takes a whole bunch of worrying off ones mind.

AKfreak

150cc
Ok here is my Life battery consumption. Today I flew 15 mins. On last Sunday I started the plane and let it run for 2 mins or so, but I am not counting that.

In Summary I run two Glaicer 2100mah 2s Life packs to a PowerSafe RX and use a Tech Aero IBE and a DA-50 Ignition. .

The first battery took 23:05 mins to charge to a voltage of 7.20v and put back 500MAH. The second pack took 22:04 mins to charge to a voltage of 7.20v and put back 502MAH

So am I correct to assume of a total capacity of 4100mah, I used 1002mah in 15 mins that is using 66.8mah per min 66.8 x 40 mins is 2672mah. So If I flew 4 10 min flights there should be 1428 mah left between the two packs, but when I divide that number to see whats left in each pack, its only 714mah (roughly below 1/3). How far down can I consume the packs before they are in danger?

Am I doing this correctly? Heck, I guess I could just do three 10 mins flights and charge, it only takes 23 mins at 1C.

my initial guesstimate is I would be able to do 4- 10 min flights without risk of depleting the RX Life packs too far.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Wow... you are using a lot more power than I thought you would! That is at least double what I am using on my 35cc plane.

Life packs are a little scary in the sense that you basically get zero warning before they die. One minute they function great... the next you are total deadstick. I would recommend never planning to use more than half the capacity. After hearing how much you love this plane... fly it three times instead of four!

3dNater

I love life packs and use them in my planes. I think their positives outweigh the cons. I do use a lot of a caution though. I know Tom has enough fun planes to fly to take time out for charging after three flights ;)

ryan_m

100cc
Those numbers seem really high to me. I had 2 2s2600 lipos in my last 76" MXS, and after flying 4 12 minute flights I would usually put back in about 1000 mah to each. So around 500 mah per 12 minute flight was what I was figuring as my usage rate on them. Similar setup, tech-aero ibec, so that is powering the ignition as well as all servos (7955's all around)

3dNater

Tom it sounds like you need to check for gremlins! Go through that baby and figure out where you might be using too much capacity. If there is an unhappy servo it could be drawing a lot of extra current.