• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 74" Laser

3dbandit

100cc
EF brought diddly to Joe Nall except stuff they pre sold. Just 60" and 48" planes and 1 2M Vanquish were for sale and I was there the first day they opened the tent.

That's too bad. I was under the impression they brought more stuff.

Other vendors usually bring lots to sell (or so i hear). Hope to make it this year and see for myself.

3DHS has a big trailer and they bring big stuff. Pilot-RC is well stocked by chief. Not sure if PAU brought much stock. Limitless Aero brought some bigger planes as well. I was expecting to have to resist a 91 Extra or Yak. I am lucky to be part of a EF obsessed crew up here so usually I can combine my order with another's and get reasonable shipping. It also helps that we always seem to be waiting on them getting a container.

AKfreak

150cc
$144 is too much for shipping a 30/35cc plane IMHO. I don't care if it's "actual cost" or not... Might be time to try and packing things better into a smaller box, or open a new warehouse on the west coast :)

When shipping is 1/4th the cost of an air frame, there's a problem me thinks.
Remember mine is touted as a 35cc plane and I paid $160 to Vegas, it was a single box too. Crazy stuff man! It will be a long time before I pay thought the nose again on shipping I promise you on that. Honestly they could offer shipping via Grey Hound for us Cheap people who don't mind the wait. Yes its more work, but you just might sell more planes.

After my latest experience with greyhound I will never use them again. They completely lost a box and didn't even ever pay the claim. At some point I just say arguing with them is not worth my time as I have long since moved on.

I shipped the box to myself. Just imagine the pain of a company using that to ship product. Also their max insurance is $300. I received my EG planes on greyhound.

Freight is much better. You just have to get a group buy together.

RKEstes

50cc
EF did not bring anything "big" to Joe Nall except stuff they pre sold. Just 60" and 48" planes and 1 2M Vanquish were for sale and I was there the first day they opened the tent.

I think the other events they brought more product like Knoxville.

They may not have brought lots of big stuff but my friend Richard [MENTION=3523]NashVegas[/MENTION] purchased his 91" Yak at Joe Nall on the second Saturday from the EF tent. Maybe someone didn't show to pick it up?? Saw it with my own eyes LOL. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
They may not have brought lots of big stuff but my friend Richard [MENTION=3523]NashVegas[/MENTION] purchased his 91" Yak at Joe Nall on the second Saturday from the EF tent. Maybe someone didn't show to pick it up?? Saw it with my own eyes LOL. :eek:

They had several big planes at Joe Nall. I was torn between the big Extra and the Yak. Glad I became a Yakaholic!

They must have been hiding them or just did not have them at the tent. I went by there a number of times. I left Wednesday due to the rain kicking us out of our camp spot and I never got to talk to Chris more than a minute. If I saw a 91, I probably would have bought it.

Did the maiden today. Here are the videos from each flight. I need to fix the elevator halves matching and the throttle as it is pretty much on/off.

[video=youtube;Ko1bXg7JvU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1bXg7JvU4[/video]

[video=youtube;y75UPTm2BZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y75UPTm2BZ0[/video]

[video=youtube;GaZeivfEMEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaZeivfEMEc[/video]

Yes. It is a go pro strapped to my head. Nick is the other guy I am talking to. In the the third flight he is flying his nitro .50 heli.

I especially like where at 2:25 on flight 3 where I do some waterfalls, and some pretty extreme loops. My kind of plane. Insane pitch authority.

Last edited by a moderator: