• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T Assembly

Easily, this is one of the best, if not THE best build log ever. Excellent job Ray!

Agreed. This is the best build log ever. The recommendation to use some balsa spacers to help maintain a good spinner gap while trying to align the rest of the cowl is a huge time and frustrations saver. I've never seen the trick of filling larger gaps by using baking soda and then wicking in the CA. Pure genius, I only wish I read this post before now.

Last edited by a moderator:

AeroKen

New to GSN!
Ray, how big is that pilot Ray Sander vinyl under the cockpit? This build log is excellent, I'm about to order one of these planes.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Ohio AV8TOR found a great looking PDF cockpit shown in his Laser build log. Does anyone know of one for the Edge 540T EXP? I had to pull my spare off the shelf today and I would like to dress it up a bit.

Hi guys,

I need advice about buying new plane from person who had 60" Edge or any of EF 60" EXP and bigger plane like 7x" class.
I'm still beginner in this hobby so not much experience with models. So far i have copy of Sebart SU29 30e build from scratch, its my second this plane first i crashed last September and i have Sebart Wind S 50e biggest plane i had. As i said i am still beginner and learning some stuff, SU29 for some 3D and Wind S for pattern fly. I planned buy 35cc Aeroplus Edge 76" this spring but money went to other things and saving started from the start :) With new plane i expect learn 3D more.
I started looking into EF 60" Edge as it does 3D very well and i expected it be cheaper. But after i did some calculations 60" edge with Torque/Airboss combo and Hitec 5245 servos is ~400 EUR cheaper then 76" Aeroplus Edge with EME motor and Hitec 5565 or 5585 servos.
I know any would say go bigger. Who had bigger planes, is there so big difference between these two? Aeroplus has very good reviews on forums so far and guys compare it to EF or 3DHS.

Bipenut53

150cc
Hi guys,

I need advice about buying new plane from person who had 60" Edge or any of EF 60" EXP and bigger plane like 7x" class.
I'm still beginner in this hobby so not much experience with models. So far i have copy of Sebart SU29 30e build from scratch, its my second this plane first i crashed last September and i have Sebart Wind S 50e biggest plane i had. As i said i am still beginner and learning some stuff, SU29 for some 3D and Wind S for pattern fly. I planned buy 35cc Aeroplus Edge 76" this spring but money went to other things and saving started from the start :) With new plane i expect learn 3D more.
I started looking into EF 60" Edge as it does 3D very well and i expected it be cheaper. But after i did some calculations 60" edge with Torque/Airboss combo and Hitec 5245 servos is ~400 EUR cheaper then 76" Aeroplus Edge with EME motor and Hitec 5565 or 5585 servos.
I know any would say go bigger. Who had bigger planes, is there so big difference between these two? Aeroplus has very good reviews on forums so far and guys compare it to EF or 3DHS.

Welcome to this great hobby, first off let me start by asking how much flying experience you have? Trainers, or other planes. Also do you have a club near you?

Bipenut53

150cc
Hi guys,

Please follow me to this new thread http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?3458-New-Guy-looking-for-answers