• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T Assembly

quadracer

100cc
Damn Ray, I'm picking all sorts of nice build tips here. I like the popsicle sticks for drilling the cowl better than using tape. Good work!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Damn Ray, I'm picking all sorts of nice build tips here. I like the popsicle sticks for drilling the cowl better than using tape. Good work!

Yea the tape always seems to move on you once you try this you will see how positive it is. Glad the tips may help people out too.

gyro

GSN Contributor
this might easily be one of the best and most comprehensive build logs ever. Way to go Ray! We'll be making this one an article for sure!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Well I setup the surface travels today using the paper protractors as shown in post 30 and it was very easy to do and looks like I might have a new method. I liked the ability to that they were all available to test basically at the same time.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Okay I took a stab at mounting the ESC under the battery tray on the right side so basically the ESC lead comes up in the same spot. I think I like this better as the battery has air passage on all side now (but the bottom) and same with the ESC.
One mor inch of ESC battery wire would have been great.

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 306

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I wanted to give an update on my plane. Pretty much ready to go but I have identified a problem (maybe) with my elevator servo. I have emailed Mike Mayberry but have not heard back from him and I will try calling Tower today if they are open. I think the problem might be a dead band issue but I don't know as none of my digital servos ever done this before. With everything powered up and the servos sitting in neutral I can take my elevator and move it up and down more than I would like. There is no slop in the linkages and I can see the servo arm actually moving back and forth. The first little amount of movement there is no resistance sound from the servo, then you can hear it. I removed the servo arm thinking that it might be a stripped broach on the 672 DuBro heavy duty arms but no they look great. I installed the short metal arm and the same thing. So at this point I am thinking gear lash but when I take the stick and move the control surface and try and move it I do not see this condition, so now I am thinking dead band. What really stinks is you buy $280 of servos and now I need to buy a programmer to fix what should be right from a new servo.