• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 104 Extra

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
In the tail.

Peel the covering off the bottom and wick CA into all the glue joint. add cross bracing. Reinforce where the cross pieces connect to the formers, and where any stringers and sheeting connect to formerss with stock, ca epoxy and micro-balloons....

also, where the last former connect to the tail with a flat plate, really get CA into that piece.

lucky me, the entire bottom panel is off due to the covering coming unglued via smoke oil, I can do a mod build, but I can't see where it would need cross bracing, this looks to be extremely well engineered, kinda a copy of a carden build with more carbon fiber, I know the glue the chinese factories use leaves a lot to be desired and will go over all the joints. Do you have any pictures of where the additional bracing should go?

3dbandit

100cc
lucky me, the entire bottom panel is off due to the covering coming unglued via smoke oil, I can do a mod build, but I can't see where it would need cross bracing, this looks to be extremely well engineered, kinda a copy of a carden build with more carbon fiber, I know the glue the chinese factories use leaves a lot to be desired and will go over all the joints. Do you have any pictures of where the additional bracing should go?

I don't. I haven't done it myself.

Next time I'm at my shop, I will take out my old 104 fuse, strip the bottom covering off, and take pictures of the break points.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the info. We have a104 on the bench also, would like to see pics and details of modifications that need to be made, again thanks for sharing this info.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got a few more fun flights on my 104 yesterday. However, I once again noticed some flutter on my elevators, even with over 550 oz/in of torque on each one. This was only on full throttle level passes. I'd recently upgraded from 400 oz/in rated servos.... I'm running 2" arms and already plan to move in to the 1.75" slot.

[MENTION=2941]JaseTheAce[/MENTION], [MENTION=646]cwojcik[/MENTION], what servos, and what arm lengths are you using on your Extras? Any advice?

Thanks

3dbandit

100cc
I got a few more fun flights on my 104 yesterday. However, I once again noticed some flutter on my elevators, even with over 550 oz/in of torque on each one. This was only on full throttle level passes. I'd recently upgraded from 400 oz/in rated servos.... I'm running 2" arms and already plan to move in to the 1.75" slot.

[MENTION=2941]JaseTheAce[/MENTION], [MENTION=646]cwojcik[/MENTION], what servos, and what arm lengths are you using on your Extras? Any advice?

Thanks

I'm not either of them, but this might help.

How tight is your stab tube in the sleeves.

You may need to add tape to it so it is tight. Any slop can cause flutter.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Jacob, I'll look into that.

I Got this shot of my 104 yesterday while at the field. I handed the sticks over to [MENTION=413]Brian Yak Dude[/MENTION] for a thumb rest, and picked up my camera for a minute.

This was shot when he was hovering, and right as he punched out, I got underneath and shot upward.

EF 104 punchout after hover- resized.jpg