• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF Yaks are coming...who wants one?

wedoitall

nice flying as usual!!!. ive copied a few things from your videos to help me put manuveurs together :D

EF planes are tuff.

hone

150cc
Awesome flying Joe! Love the super axial rifle rolls!
Thanks! The Yak does them well.
Diggin those rifles hone! Nice flying man.
Thanks Cody! I don't usually see you flying the 48'' planes but it'd be cool to see you get your hands on one of these. They're AWESOME! I'm saving for a 91'' Yak now.
nice flying as usual!!!. ive copied a few things from your videos to help me put manuveurs together :D

EF planes are tuff.
Thank you! The planes are definitely strong, gives me confidence to beat on them :bouncy:

I've already put 20 flights on the Yak and it's a really fun plane. It'll be my daily flyer for now. Hopefully i can put together another 64'' MXS soon though too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
I'm loving this plane.

[video=youtube;qg_0f0xtUIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg_0f0xtUIQ[/video]​

hone

150cc
My Yak met it's maker today. A cold solder joint was the cause. This was one of my original solder jobs from when i first started flying and i had a terrible iron.

I might be able to repair it but both wings were ripped out and the motor box needs to be replaced. I'll have another look at the damage in a few days. IMG_20130413_082202.jpg

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
'motor box' is what I thought when I first saw the photo but i'm afraid if you look harder it's a lot worse than that. Look at the busted formers in the fus and where the wings are, one wing has broke through the fus and the wing tube mounting is ripped out.

Fixable maybe but a lot of work to do it right.

SnowDog

My Yak met it's maker today. A cold solder joint was the cause. This was one of my original solder jobs from when i first started flying and i had a terrible iron.

I might be able to repair it but both wings were ripped out and the motor box needs to be replaced. I'll have another look at the damage in a few days.

Sorry to hear that...I lost a plane last year for the same reason...except it wasn't my solder joint that was bad, it was the person from whom I bought the plane. Nothing worse than watching a plane go in and you have no control. :(

hone

150cc
Yeah it especially sucked because i was on my final approach to land on my last battery and i planned on switching ESCs before my next time out.

Yeah it especially sucked because i was on my final approach to land on my last battery and i planned on switching ESCs before my next time out.

but on the other hand... wing has 3 or 4 points where it holds to fuselage... wingtube, wingbolt and 1 or 2 pins... by the looks of it, top fuselage formers and bottom carbon stringers are in 1 piece... if you have all parts to properly put together at least 2 points, repair should go muuuuch easier... stringers? cofffe stirrers and a lot of fibreglass... im waiting for money to recover my 60" edge to test durability of repair... but it looked a bit worse than yours... both wings and half a fuselage formers behind a battery tray was displaced 2 inches to the left... well, 2 days and 8 beers later all thats left to do is recover...

daedalusrobert

New to GSN!
Latest news from Chris...posted today.

"Due to the issues with the black Oracover and the decision to change to dark blue the shipment has taken a bit longer to prepare. I expect the container to be ready to leave China in the next 7-10 days. The good news is that on this container we will also receive the first shipment of 60" Lasers and 91" Yaks!!!"

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/48yak.html