• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
Saw the German wording , too bad i cant read the German words . Is this idea for incidence a European Aircraft ?

ROLLERMAN

70cc twin V2
OUTSTADING JOB!!!! Cam, You are making want to build another plane, I've been looking to do the MX from Jtec for a while now. may do that this winter.

Can you elaborate more on the incidence set up? meaning the aluminum bar. Thanks buddy.

Hello Primo,

When you pass the tube thru the tail, this has to be parallel to the stab tube in both planes. If not, then it will not slide in and out, due to binding. I am using the aluminum rod, thru the tube, to make sure it cures in a position that is parallel.

Here it is in action...

IMG_2165.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2169.JPG

thurmma

150cc
Cam,

Just me thinking out loud here. Could a person replace the diagonal bracing with cf rod and save some weight? I have thought of building and just want to ask the questions before I decide what to build :)

Alky6

150cc
Cam,

Just me thinking out loud here. Could a person replace the diagonal bracing with cf rod and save some weight? I have thought of building and just want to ask the questions before I decide what to build :)
FWIW, I was reading through Greg Marsden's build and he used 2mm carbon rod diagonal bracing in tension throughout. Pretty eloquent but looks like a ton of work!

Cam,

I do not know if CF would be lighter. All of the cross braces are balsa. very light. On FG, there is a CARDEN Build thread, and the builder, used an extensive amount of CF, and his airplane came out quite heavy.

daves airplane carden tray.jpg
7.jpg

Looks nice though.... ;)

FWIW, I was reading through Greg Marsden's build and he used 2mm carbon rod diagonal bracing in tension throughout. Pretty eloquent but looks like a ton of work!

I just remembered, I built this Yak, also with an extensive amount of carbon fiber, airplane is bullet proof, but weighs 46 pounds.
And yes, you are right, a ton of work...

IMG_7819.JPG
IMG_7820.JPG
IMG_7821.JPG

she flies nice though ;)