• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
The garage isn't heated yet and doesn't freeze during our coldest winter months . Yes we do need R-30 insulation in ceiling and walls just above are my boys bedrooms and they dont free the coolness from the garage at all .

So the incidence on the wing and stab are set by the anti rotation pin placement ?
The wing looking good , nice rounded leading edge , excellent work .

Hello Rusty, well, there are different ways of doing it, and I have been rehearsing, in my mind, all the different ways.

If you use an anti-rotation pin, especially towards the LE of the wing, it will serve two purposes.
If you use the wing bolts, as the anti-rotation pin, there is a risk, that over time, the screw can erode the plywood, and then it will lose the set incidence.

Unless, you use a bolt, that is fixed to to the wing, and it has a larger body, that sits in the plywood of the fuselage, like a dowel. I will take pictures, when I get back in the shop. You will see what I am planning.

All the leading edges are sanded and shaped.

IMG_2138.JPG

wanted to demonstrate how I made the TE:

1st, I picked the 48" x 4" x 3/8" thick balsa that is the most dense, as I want it to be as stiff as possible, for the TE of the aileron.

IMG_2132.JPG
IMG_2133.JPG

I then need to splice it to another segment, since the balsa is 48" in length, and the TE of the wing is roughly 56"...

IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

I will be needing 4 of them, and it being 4" wide, easy to cut them into 1" wide strips....

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

now, time for me to glue them on, then I can shape the TE, and set the incidence.

I just did one wing TE! Maybe I can do the rest tomorrow.

Today, I did 4 surgeries, then left to the club, and Kyle and I flew out ADV and INT sequences respectively;. I flew the 300 ML and Kyle, the Yak 54. On the 3rd flight for Kyle, he calmly tells me: "I lost throttle control", and I thought he was joking. I kept telling him : "Hey, you are ripping the snot out of the prop!", and then he tells me again, "no throttle!!"

so He was able to get the airplane in an appropriate position, he killed the ignition, and was able to glide the airplane in with a pattern place contest "10" landing.!

SO, lots of fun today!!

I did do one wings TE, and it too, came out great!

More pictures tomorrow.