• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

I removed the cowl, and inspected everything. The servo was working!!

I changed it out anyway. All i can think of is this:

these servos have magnets inside of them, and I know, that heat will affect a magnet.

"When heated above 176° Fahrenheit (80° Celsius), magnets will quickly lose their magnetic properties. The magnet will become permanently demagnetized if exposed to these temperatures for a certain length of time or heated at a significantly higher temperature (Curie temperature)."

I am going to open more holes in the bottom of the fuselage to help improve the air flow so that it is not as hot.

an alternative plan, would be to remove the servo from this location, and install it way back from motor, and use a long push rod.

IMG_2140.JPG

I believe, too much heat?
IMG_2141.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
It appears that some of the red silcon wrap on the header is melted on the ends .
So that high can effect the magnetics in the servo , wow wasn't aware of this !!!!

Interestingly, my motor temps are great.
I have a sensor on each cylinder, and the peak temps are 240, 240, 260, and 290 F

and the sensor is on the bottom side, under the baffle plate. SO i believe, I need to improve my air exit strategy.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Yeah thats pretty close to the pipes, I'm sure its getting pretty hot. I'm with you, I would replace it if its already caused some issues. Can you mount it inside the motor box, away from the heat?

Before setting the incidence, I will be doing a modification, and some prep work, to the stabs/tail of the fuselage.

I have obtained this 9/32 aluminum tube, this is the OD, and the ID is 1/4"

IMG_2158.JPG

I then mark a point, 25 cm from the trailing edge of the fuselage forward and 1" down,, from the top surface of the fuselage...

IMG_2161.JPG

I then use a small drill bit, like 1/16", and slowly, make this pilot hole bigger (not shown), until I eventually drill from one side to another using a 1/4" drill bill.
IMG_2159.JPG

once this is done, then I opened the hole with a 9/32" bit, and then passed the aluminum tube all the way across..

IMG_2160.JPG

I then realized, this hole is not thru and thru parallel to the stab tube, so i made the hole bigger, and then glued them in with donuts and also used a long 1/4" rod, thru the tube, to check that it was parallel in both planes.

IMG_2162.JPG
IMG_2163.JPG

this morning, I will sand the tubes flush with the fuselage sides, and then this afternoon, I can set the incidence.